mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #71 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
I don't think it would work. Doesn't sweet spotting have to do with both the input pressure and springs. You would only see the input pressure, which will keep increasing as you turn it up.
In this case you would be trying to watch the preasure drop when you fire. Looking for the biggest drop in preasure(your sweet spot) as you adjust the reg. That is my questioning, might not even be possible but definitely has me wondering.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I know my liquid filled gauge still moves pretty fast. Fast enough that you would have a hard time reading the changes.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #73 (permalink)
Old man with a pump

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dknight View Post
Isn't the main guide rod threading the same on all ccm/2k cocker. It does make wonder if you would be able to see the valve recharge with one of these or the right theading one hooked up. Hmmm
This is what I was thinking. Thought I could attach to the front of my S6 and see the reading while using the marker (not in a game, just going through a few cycles).
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I don't think people are reporting it is loud - just that it is different. Maybe I am off.

TF
This comment sounds exactly like what people are saying about the mvp, maybe someone who has access to both could do a comparison? Its hard to tell as an online reader who is just a ccm or bob long fanboy ranting and raving about their newest product. Since these two markers are in the same price range, and arguably "new Designs" to the pump market it would be cool to see a video comparing the two for "new" pump players. From what i have seen online a lot of players have taken the attitude of "well its not a ccm" for buying new pump markers( A lot of that talk coming from CCM's well earned reputation, awesome customer service, and staff). The market for new pump guns has changed, you are no longer buying, a dressed up phantom, or a dressed up sniper. With these "new designs" I think that the buyers scouring the message boards are reading reviews based on preference rather than performance.

Sound Signature has been a large topic of discussion for the MVP, I am curious as to why the j12 hasn't been attacked about it like the mvp does. If chrono readings all look very similar, and if efficiency is similar, how can one say one is better than the other without it being based on preference? And also, earlier I saw that somebody pointed out that the sound may be from the valve being enclosed, or covered with more metal. Could the same be said about the MVP? I have not shot either gun, but since we are on the topic of sound signature and two new designs competing for the high end market, I would really to know if sound signature in anyway has an effect on performance. If once person says that the gun (farts) does it actually mean that the valve is bouncing and out of whack? or does the gun just sound that way?

I hope nobody takes this as me bashing ccm, or any ccm fans. ( I guess i would be bashing myself in that case ) But merely something to adress in future video's or reviews.

Sorry for this being somewhat off topic, but i felt that i had to ask the question and also adress it for people who may dump their bob longs for a j12 and be disappointed. ( I doubt you could be dissapointed with one )

(And also, I could care less what my guns sound like. I just want them to shoot well over the chrono and on the field. If my gun is farting lasers onto peoples faces i cant compain about it now can I )

WTB RTR Gargoyle

Last edited by tac0cat; 02-16-2013 at 12:51 AM.
tac0cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Now that I have been shooting one - I don't even think it sounds all that different. Maybe a little chuffy - but not enough for me to think it sounds 'wrong' after 7 years of shooting solely CCM's.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Now that I have been shooting one - I don't even think it sounds all that different. Maybe a little chuffy - but not enough for me to think it sounds 'wrong' after 7 years of shooting solely CCM's.

TF
I remember someone at the field telling me that my ss-25 was farting. I always just felt that it shot at a really low pressure and was quiet. It was always consistent over the chrono, and got good efficiency so I never really cared. Could it be that people are just being snobs about the way that their guns sound?

WTB RTR Gargoyle
tac0cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #77 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Tac - Honestly - I would have replaced the valve (it may have had a delrin valve pin) or turned up the reg pressure some.

I like a nice 'Poomp' sound - always meant it was super efficient.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I prefer my reg tester...

0508121821a.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Photo is dated "May 8, 2012"

I had a bunch made to replace the cartridge valve. Annodized black. Had a bunch made. Sitting on a shelf.

... Because that's how I roll... I forget about these things. I DID send one to Rod, a little after this photo was taken for his tech bench, so I deserve SOME credit I hope.

It's officially called the "PRT", and was thought of Living Legends weekend, 2011.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #79 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I prefer my reg tester...

0508121821a.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7229/7...a74246ca_c.jpg

Photo is dated "May 8, 2012"

I had a bunch made to replace the cartridge valve. Annodized black. Had a bunch made. Sitting on a shelf.

... Because that's how I roll... I forget about these things. I DID send one to Rod, a little after this photo was taken for his tech bench, so I deserve SOME credit I hope.

It's officially called the "PRT", and was thought of Living Legends weekend, 2011.
Heck yeah you get mad props Carter!
A. It was the very first reg tester made for the J12
and
B. It is the one Rod used during J12 assembly.

Compared to the other reg tester, it is a much more sophisticated design.

Thank you Carter!!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Heck yeah you get mad props Carter!
A. It was the very first reg tester made for the J12
and
B. It is the one Rod used during J12 assembly.

Compared to the other reg tester, it is a much more sophisticated design.

Thank you Carter!!
mine has knurling!

if only i wasnt too cheap to ano em.... hahaha
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM