-   CCM (
-   -   CCM valve evolution? (

Sincera 02-20-2013 04:42 PM

CCM valve evolution?
Just started playing again for the first time in about 6 or so years and I've got a CCM'd sniper that I bought before I quit. It has an 86 slider frame to give you an idea on the age. My questions are have the valves evolved from the early J2 era to what are in the most current line of CCM's, and what kind of input pressure are the older valves (if different at all) designed around.

BLachance75 02-20-2013 05:55 PM

I asked a similar question about a week ago. Here is a picture of the valve from m J2 and a current CCM valve. The J2 valve is brass and has a harder seal in the cup seal. The current CCM cup seal is softer oring and is user rebuildable.

I'm not totally sure on pressures, I did hear that the J2 valve does need a slightly higher input and spring due to the harder cup seal.

Sincera 02-21-2013 05:46 PM

Thank you for the detailed answer. I assumed that they needed a higher operating pressure than the newer CCM's since the springing definatly feels different. I had a HP Stablizer so I had it dailed in around 500 PSI and it seemed fine, but I have a feeling the valves were designed around less.

Dknight 02-21-2013 05:48 PM

I swapped out the whole lower tube internals on my j2 for the new style internals all in one shot. Got the loud "fart" shot with older internals when I put a pump kit on. The old an new valves operate at the same 300-350 psi, cup seal material didn't really matter to much they were based off of when they were cockers. I will say the new internals produce a very consistent and pretty quite shot.

Sincera 02-21-2013 06:24 PM

Thank you for the insight.

Dknight 02-21-2013 07:59 PM

I did another test with old valve new style valve stem and old springs and hammer in an aim body. With new cup seal it barely seals, the hole where they seal is bigger diameter than new valve. Worked out very well, smooth pump stoke and nice shot. Preasure still in the 300-350 range.