mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 07-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

If You Like Stock CCMs, Dont Look Inside!

I promised pics of some cut CCM guns (S5 and S6) last week. So here you go.

First is a S5. Its not my gun but I did the machining for a friend. It started as a gloss S5 body that he wanted to halfblock. I gave him the option to leave the left side flat or cut the groove to be symmetric (a little lighter too). He opted for the groove . He also wanted to do something about the front area below the barrel. So I cut off the rails off that were on the sides. I left the serial numbers intact, although I think the warranty is voided, not sure. Still waiting for the halfblock kit to modify the sled, and a CCM halfblock hammer. The sled has to be shorter in front to save the wire detent screw. P.S. The owner drilled the holes on top for a SC feed but it didn't work out, not my doing.
Before

After

Next is a midblocked S6. This is my gun. I bought it used from some kid that didnt take care of it. There is some anno wear and there were some pretty deep gouges near the hole on the top tube for adjusting the sear lug. Dont ask me what the hell he was trying to do. So its not like I went and "hacked up" a perfectly good body. I wanted to midblock it (vs halfblock) cause the line of the body are very nice. I also did it to get rid of those gouges. I still need another CCM halfblock hammer, or I could slot the one I have. Also I am still deciding on the pin and plunger design.
Before

After

here pictures right before anno. as you can see certain portions were poslished, it started from the rear of the bottom tube where i removed material that was there to match the back block. i also milled the 86 frame to take a PE OOPS asa.

here are some pics back from anno. i went with gruntbull ive heard some stuff but mine came out alright. not perfect but alright.

heres some behind the scenes stuff. handle is almost completly hollow with a teflon sleeve. main guide rod has been hollowed as well.

and some action shots but at las vegas premier on a recent vaction (credit P/T H3RO for the pics)

heres some pics to show that this gun get used and abused
this is from the oahuscenarios 2010 game at Bellows (credit gary baum from paintballphotography.com)

this my all time favorite picture of the gun from when rod and mel (miss you guys) came down to hawaii playin at wheeler (credit P/T H3RO for the pic)

Shoots
HK

Last edited by hawaiianking; 03-22-2010 at 10:48 PM.
hawaiianking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

haha, awesome!!!!!!
i've been waiting to see who would be the first person wiling to cut up a series 6
also that s5 is really clean, should be mint after a nice anno job
Old 07-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Nice, I like how the milling styles on both accent the original body lines.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

They both look fantastic.

Get them anodized.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Those are very sexy. REALLY nice.

I don't really like the extra groove in the S5.. To me that is one of the sexiest things about those guns.

It would be really awesome if you kept the connected parts of the CCM logo on the S6. But that would also be very complicated.

Weights? The S6 stock is fairly heavy, almost 3 pounds.

I ball for Team Fracture
B&E Paintball --- Wild World Paintball

Last edited by pizzaluvr; 07-04-2008 at 03:26 PM.
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I like them

But do you think you could mid block a S5 with minimal cutting. Just to loose the back block?
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
very nice job HK.Mill work looks nice and clean.Now we know what a hb S6 looks like.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blah

Great job doing what everyone else wouldn't do.
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
The milling is awesome and your work made me realize why I don't like CCM's to be done like these.

It makes them look like any other 1/2 blocked marker. Meaning you could do the milling of the S5 to any slab sided Cocker and get the same result - looks wise.

The 1/2 blocked S6 looks like a Black Magic now.

Again, the milling is TOP NOTCH and well respected. I also like the use of materials - like the mid blocked use of the Delrin bolt. You took out the back portion and the result looks GREAT.

Just not in the eye of this beholder.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree with TF.

The half blocked S6 looks like a BM, which looks terrible to me. The S6 is amazing as is. I don't mind hacking up a S5 though, there is a ton of meat on that thing to cut.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM