mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

CCM Pneumatics?

I'd have to think that CCM makes a great pneumatic set-up but just looking for personal experiences from the CCM crowd here.

Where do the CCM pneumatics rank with you guys?
oggfueler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Not to be petty over small details, CCM did a fine job with fit and finish.
The overall function, fit and finish only bettered by a FULL Palmers pneumatics set.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

They work fine and dandy. I would honestly rather have a set of 05 WGP pro stock pneumatics though. The 4 ways were leakish but everything else got the job done.

Basically - Any adjustable reg is good, though PPS is king

PPS, Belsales, and Shocktech 4 ways are good. PPS 4 ways are more difficult to time than others but are the shortest and some might say the best. Shocktechs dont seal as easily at low LPR pressures with their stock O rings they can be leaky, but easy to work with and time also very short. Belsales is a good in between and is what id choose if I was to build another cocker.

PPS, Belsales, MPP rams are exceptional and still available. Id probably get an MPP or PPS. Belsales are pretty and black aluminum but they arent as tough, finicky compared to PPS and MPP. A PPS ram or MPP that never gets bent will last for the lifetime of your trigger finger..likely. Belsales are rebuildable..because they sacrifice long term durability for their non frictiony feeling..

non Bent (AKA not screwed up) stock WGP rams are totally fine, so are their adjustable LPR's but I dont like ones with finger knobs because everyone that picks up my cocker wants to turn them.

ANS rams are also good. Neat and small though the black color on the nut wears off instantly.

The best full kit is the PPS kit but I'd probably run a mix and match and be all the better...but less matching so I'd consider just a full PPS kit.

WGP Mp4 rams are neat but really are just stock ram quality with built in QEV's. But really..good non ruined stock WGP stuff is great..including the mp4 which is black..so if you dont want a silver ram than its a good option.

Just depends on how much you want to spend.

CCM ram I havent had great luck with but it is a simple design, I just dont find them very robust. CCM LPR is fine, CCM 4 way wants to leak, but also works fine.

But they look good. You have to give them that. They are by no means BAD but if I was buying new id get something else. If I was buying used i'd still get something else. If I had a series 5 semi (ive had several) id use them until they give me problems that arent easy to fix (and ignore the fact that whenever I touch the timing rod the 4 way leaks). I have had a few series 5 semi's and they had stock CCM pneumatics and they shot great. Working cockers should never be worked on because than they will need to be worked on.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Wow - I thought I was going to have input. But I really think Cunha has made very good and qualified observations.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

That's a mouthful,,, or keyboardful Cunha,,, I appreciate that you took the time in providing me with that info,,, much thanks.
oggfueler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Glad I could help. My apologies for the poorly written and occasionally redundant post. I try to make it legible but it could obviously use some heavy editing.

I usually sacrifice quality for speed when posting :P

GL with your cocker. The hardest thing for me about them is to keep myself from hoarding parts "Well I may need a backup bomb 4 way down the line" and eventually you have 4 of them and 3 LPR's and a mile and a half of LPR hose.

Just get the thing dialed in and shoot it like there is no tomorrow. A well timed cocker that is decently taken care of will shoot great for a very very long time.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

My CCM LPR leaked left and right...wasn't too thrilled with it.

I have a CCM 3-way on my black VF Tac Cocker and no problems with it & it makes for a short trigger pull.

CCM Ram's work well, but Shocktech, Besales are better

play with honor & courage, but most of all play to have FUN! - My feedback
paintball is a disease I've suffered from since 1988...
Explosive aka "X" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Shocktech rams are no better than stock WGP stuff.

Which is why modern day stock cockers are pretty freakin good.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

the CCM ram is the smoothest fastest cycling ram i have ever used
heres my rant about it
CCM ram mod....to the MAX!!!!

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM