mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 09-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
STICKERS!

Send a message via MSN to Ryantuomi

CCM Fan
Dyeing CCM plastics?

I was looking at the new clear plastic S6 back block
Back Block CCM New - Clear Series 6 - eBay (item 150288868227 end time Sep-28-08 09:45:00 PDT)

I am curious if it would be possible to dye this and say the clear plastic pump handle.

Ryantuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Internet Superstar

I know you can dye the pump handle because it is acrylic. I am not certain on the backblock because it is made from Lexan. You are probably safe though seeing as the lexan can take a bullet it should be able to stand up to the heat of the dying process.

Last edited by spud01; 09-07-2008 at 06:59 PM.
spud01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
We have seen a guy use the Rit Dye on the trigger and pump handle. He did Red and it was pretty sweet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

The acrylic and lexan can take coloring but it will fade, The best route is to MFG the item from a chemically colored plastic such as what the pump kits are made out of.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical-X View Post
The acrylic and lexan can take coloring but it will fade, The best route is to MFG the item from a chemically colored plastic such as what the pump kits are made out of.
...Which I'm sure they'll start doing, after reading this thread. *hint hint*
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Just got word from Mel @ CCM on a similar question, she basically suggested using RIT fabric dye to tint the color of clear parts - I'll probably be doing this with some grips, either that or painting (with model paint) a symbol on the inner face that will show through, I'll experiment with that first to see how it goes. Another thing I want to try is getting vinyl stickers cut by a sign company and place them on the inside surface.

Anyone know of someone making custom grips for the S6? If none of my ideas work I am in the market for buying some made for me

I just got this thing, haven't even played with it yet, and already working on customizing it lol
Old 09-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. Basbas View Post
...Which I'm sure they'll start doing, after reading this thread. *hint hint*
We used to make colored triggers, but we had issues with them snapping so we have discontinued them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
There is dyes on the market for dying lexan (polycarbonate) products.The dye is a little expensive but works very well.The whole process can be found on google.They use the dye for sunglass lens.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Internet Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Demon View Post
Just got word from Mel @ CCM on a similar question, she basically suggested using RIT fabric dye to tint the color of clear parts - I'll probably be doing this with some grips, either that or painting (with model paint) a symbol on the inner face that will show through, I'll experiment with that first to see how it goes. Another thing I want to try is getting vinyl stickers cut by a sign company and place them on the inside surface.

Anyone know of someone making custom grips for the S6? If none of my ideas work I am in the market for buying some made for me

I just got this thing, haven't even played with it yet, and already working on customizing it lol
yes the RIT fabric dye works well if you follow the instructions. if you are feeling artsy you can creat designs bye dying the part, then draw your design on the part using super glue or nail polish and then dying the part in your second color.

Custom grips for both the 45 and 86 frame's can be made by stinger paintball designs.

SPD Web Store - Viper Custom Paintball Marker Hand Grips - Paintball Grips - Paintball Gun Grips for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
We used to make colored triggers, but we had issues with them snapping so we have discontinued them....
I was sad when mine snapped. Are the clear triggers still available?
spud01 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM