mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

ccm chick can we just buy the main guide rod? how much?
what do you mean by "fluted"?
jedimast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Honestly I was hoping for something that looked like I was part of the karni rather than a ccm kit just screwed into the front.

To me this kit is visually bulky and makes the marker look front heavy and long.

I think I would have preferred a kit that was a one piece angled asa and pump kit combined, similar to a mini-pump kit.
Quickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

also posted on PBN, but it does seem to add unnecessary length. what i mean by "unnecessary length" is that adding the block for the secondary rod would add more legnth to the overall body, thus may alter a way a player plays since his whole gun would sit at a further position. Think of the body as a regular body, correct? adding the front block/ASA would make the pump handle sit further (away from the body when holding the gun up). in addition, the thick plate for the secondary rod somewhat adds more length (granted it is only a little bit), but still making the handle sit even further?

well, not sure if you really get what i mean...but maybe somehow making the plate go along the -15* asa and have a thinner plate between the guide rod and the ASA/front block might shorten the length a bit, allowing better performance in tight positions? that's my humble opinion....don't get me wrong, i love CCM and not trying to diss you guys.

*edit: maybe this would help understand what i'm saying...

(edit)^2, if this idea actually comes out, it'll be nice if i got some recognition, or get a job position at CCM for concept designing ahahaha :P

"Originally posted by inraged and ingaged: holy jesus you sir are a god...amazing what you can pull off with some files and what not... great work."

Dye Single Hinge + more FS
valkrie hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Thank you for your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

so can we buy just the main guide rod. please. if so how much?
jedimast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
so.. correct me if im wrong, but this just replaces the banjo screw thingy on a karni?
and im assuming it will work with a full length karni if you replace the pump rod for a longer one?

im figureing that if it replaces the banjo nut i'll just have to plug the hole for the LPR
(and hoping that i guessed right on everything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimast5 View Post
so can we buy just the main guide rod. please. if so how much?
I will have to follow up with Bill, he hasn't told me (and I didn't think to ask!) what the price is for just the rod.

Quote:
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The karni is basically a full sized autococker with a minicocker front block right on the front of it. It means there is room between the vertical ASA and the trigger frame.

Since there is no ASA machined on to the body, the minicocker front block (adding length) is still bolted on to the front of the gun on the pump karnis, and since it is outlandish to expect CCM to bust out some custom vertical asa's to save you guys 1/8 of an inch, the kit is basically a standard cocker kit with a different banjo screw and such.

If you removed the front block and put a regular vertical ASA or threaded a 1/8 pipe thread ASA into it right in front of the trigger guard, you could bring the length down, and use something similar to the standard cocker kit. Since the karni needs an asa bolted on to the front..without modification you are always going to be stuck with the longest (out front) sniper ever.

Even if CCM imbetted the pump kit to a vertical ASA ala their late model mini kits, you would still have the same problem.

Solution is to put a normal cocker ASA (or 1/8 pipe thread ASA) right in front of the trigger guard, and use a standard cocker kit (or maybe a karni kit with slight modification) I am not sure if they use 2k threaded front block screws or whatever so I dont know the details on that...

Basically there is nothing CCM could do to reduce the length unless everyone sent them their bodies for modification.

This is an awesome looking kit, thanks for making it easier for karni guys to make their pumps way way better.

Last edited by Cunha; 10-16-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
The karni is basically a full sized autococker with a minicocker front block right on the front of it. It means there is room between the vertical ASA and the trigger frame.

Since there is no ASA machined on to the body, the minicocker front block (adding length) is still bolted on to the front of the gun on the pump karnis, and since it is outlandish to expect CCM to bust out some custom vertical asa's to save you guys 1/8 of an inch, the kit is basically a standard cocker kit with a different banjo screw and such.

If you removed the front block and put a regular vertical ASA or threaded a 1/8 pipe thread ASA into it right in front of the trigger guard, you could bring the length down, and use something similar to the standard cocker kit. Since the karni needs an asa bolted on to the front..without modification you are always going to be stuck with the longest (out front) sniper ever.

Even if CCM imbetted the pump kit to a vertical ASA ala their late model mini kits, you would still have the same problem.

Solution is to put a normal cocker ASA (or 1/8 pipe thread ASA) right in front of the trigger guard, and use a standard cocker kit (or maybe a karni kit with slight modification) I am not sure if they use 2k threaded front block screws or whatever so I dont know the details on that...

Basically there is nothing CCM could do to reduce the length unless everyone sent them their bodies for modification.

This is an awesome looking kit, thanks for making it easier for karni guys to make their pumps way way better.
Thanks dude! Hoepfully this helps clear some of the questions up.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vicious Geo2 Owner

Send a message via AIM to Twigz

The Karni does use the Same front block screw just longer. I mini'd my karni and a regular mini kit just screws on. Great CCM. People will always complain! Atleast we have a CCM Karni pump kit other than those ugly WGP ones. Plus this is the first model! Who knows what is next!
Twigz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM