mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Central (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/)
-   -   What fields do you play at in Illinois? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/142-what-fields-do-you-play-illinois.html)

Surge-NS 04-06-2006 12:44 AM

What fields do you play at in Illinois?

I play at:
Realms of Ruin (scenario and rec)
Challenge park (scenario and rec)
Take aim (speedball)
Fox paintball (rec)

Where do you all play?

Deadfall 04-09-2006 03:56 PM

CPX
Take Aim
Played at Badlandz once, I won't be going back.
I keep meaning to give Fox Piantball a try, but I haven't gotten around to it.
I hope to make it out to Realms for the Siberia scenario; that will be my first time there.

I wish I knew someone with some land that I could play renegade ball on. Paint prices just seem to be ridiculously high at the fields around here.

There's an indoor Reball place that opened in Elmhurst (I think) that I might check out sometime.

JOESPUD27 04-11-2006 10:23 AM

I play at Xtreme Paintball Park in Millstadt IL www.xtremepaintballpark.com
or the Coloseum in Wood River www.stlindoor.com Xtreme is my favorite though. Both are in the St. Louis Area.

Jay

P.S. I also play at Sudden Impact every spring for the Spring Pump Event in McLean (By Bloomington) Or the outlaw field we have setup in our back woods.

Surge-NS 04-22-2006 01:09 AM

I'll be at SPE this year too, time to add it to the calender in case anybody wants to walk on...

wolf13 04-22-2006 11:49 PM

i was just at sudden impact today for SPE. the only other IL field i have played much at the past few years was Xtreme, but since I moved, I need to find a new place.

Surge-NS 04-29-2006 01:47 PM

What area are you in now? I'm sure you'd get plenty of reccomendations for places in your new area.

mark 04-29-2006 03:30 PM

There really are no organized fields where I live. But there are a few renegade fields close by, and a reball field in a church gym.

91Foxtrot 05-02-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadfall
Played at Badlandz once, I won't be going back.

Why won't you be going back? I just ask because that is where I play most often. Good mix of speed and woodsball. I'll get at least twice as many games in as I would at CPX, and you just can't beat $40/case.

I played at Factory Paintball in North Chicago for the first time this Sunday. For the first 1.5 hours, I was one of about 3 players with a mechanical marker. After the DM's, Timmys and Shockers left and more mechs showed up, I enjoyed myself a bit more. Or maybe it was just learning curve, since it was my first time playing indoors. All the folks there are very nice.

Surge-NS 05-02-2006 11:02 PM

91 Foxtrot, if you're in the area you should try out takeaim. I like that better than factory, but it's not a night and day difference. I head there every couple weeks to get my fix in the off season when I can't play outside, or when I don't have time to make the trip to Realms.

Deadfall 05-04-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91Foxtrot
Why won't you be going back? I just ask because that is where I play most often. Good mix of speed and woodsball. I'll get at least twice as many games in as I would at CPX, and you just can't beat $40/case.

I played at Factory Paintball in North Chicago for the first time this Sunday. For the first 1.5 hours, I was one of about 3 players with a mechanical marker. After the DM's, Timmys and Shockers left and more mechs showed up, I enjoyed myself a bit more. Or maybe it was just learning curve, since it was my first time playing indoors. All the folks there are very nice.

When I went, I played all day and not once was there a velocity check. I know I wasn't shooting hot because I always chrono in anyways, but I can't speak for anyone else that was playing there. :angry: I prefer to have a little more assurance that I'm not going to get my eyes :gunsfiring: out.

They do have nice fields though.