mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Paintball Explosion near Chicago...

So, i was talking with a friend and we were considering making the drive to hit up this field sometime this spring/early summer...

Then i looked at their paint prices. As someone who helps run a field, those prices appall me. And the last several fields i payed even near that much for their field paint, it was terribad paint for the price. Also, i have yet to have a good "FPO Draxus" paint experience...

So, i guess i'm asking, is their paint actually good? Does it actually break on target? (biggest complaint with 90% of the DXS "FPO" paint i've used in the past 2 years...really...tuff...shell...) The ones that have been nice brittle shells usually wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn...

Also, what is with all the pavement fields? Something against ppl with bad knees? (imho Pavement is my LEAST favorite surface to play any running/kneeling type of spart) (i already spend my entire workday standing/kneeling on concrete floors)

Is it worth the cost, joint annoyance, and drive?
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CPX has always been outrageously over priced, if that's what you're talking about.

That said, it's always been well maintained, with awesome facilities, definitely in the top tier of US fields as far as quality and overall experience goes. And it's wicked big too... So maybe that's where all the extra money goes?
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

they actually sell valken redemption pro and it shoots very straight. for 85 a case I think that it's reasonable. at their big games they usually charge 65 a case for the same paint. the guys that run the place are always on site and actually play paintball and are great people. I think it's worth the drive, and if you can make it to any events you will get more for your buck.
Rumraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
CPX has always been outrageously over priced, if that's what you're talking about.

That said, it's always been well maintained, with awesome facilities, definitely in the top tier of US fields as far as quality and overall experience goes. And it's wicked big too... So maybe that's where all the extra money goes?
CPX is not Paintball Explosion.

Yes, they are both more expensive than the average field.

I prefer CPX, but Paintball Explosion aint bad. They are both worth going to. If you have to pick one, I'd go to CPX...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central