mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Slight addition to what desertT1 stated - a QEV may help as well as the ram will retract faster.

Lighter springs, lighter ram, QEV. All will help on your quest for gold.

Or build a pulse valve and regain full dwell control
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
Slight addition to what desertT1 stated - a QEV may help as well as the ram will retract faster.

Lighter springs, lighter ram, QEV. All will help on your quest for gold.

Or build a pulse valve and regain full dwell control
I might be doing that this weekend with some slight modifications (tooling limited) to your drawings. I have nothing to put it into, but we'll see what happens. I might have to devote some attention to the F/A if my part comes in.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Do you know what you're using for the frame? I'm working on a similar project but based on a wrath LTD which has internal hoses. I got my MSV2 mounted into a plastic wgp slider at the moment with a ground down trigger plate actuating the lever. It "works" right now but I need to sort out the farting and fine tune the trigger.
mikeds80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Do you know what you're using for the frame? I'm working on a similar project but based on a wrath LTD which has internal hoses. I got my MSV2 mounted into a plastic wgp slider at the moment with a ground down trigger plate actuating the lever. It "works" right now but I need to sort out the farting and fine tune the trigger.
I have an LTD sitting around and am interested in giving this a try, how exactly you you have it setup and plumbed?
BigWoolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I've got a couple frame candidates. Luckily it's standard autococker spacing. leaning towards using an old AKA hinge frame that has no guts.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWoolly View Post
I have an LTD sitting around and am interested in giving this a try, how exactly you you have it setup and plumbed?
I dremeled out a portion of the frame and then widened the sear slot just enough to get the msv in. It's held in place by a small zip tie through a hole in the frame. I might make a small bracket that bolts on with the grip screw but this frame is only temporary. It's worth noting that I used the reversed lever model of the MSV2. The slide trigger is ground down to allow the lever to fully reset. That green zip tie is to keep the trigger from kinking upwards. Unless you have an oddly thick frame that can be milled out, the LTD will require a tray to house the hoses.

mikeds80 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions