mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Custom Halo Too Hose Fed Angel A4 Fly

I just thought I would post up some pictures of my latest build that included some custom work. Last year I did a similar project and I made a thread about it which is here:

My Reloader B2 into Warpless Warpfeed

This time I wanted to do a less rushed version that was more refined and looked cleaner than the first build. This time I started with a Invert Halo Too sound activated loader. These are basically the same thing as the Empire Reloader B2 just rebranded I guess. They have the settings you can change for speed and sound sensitivity and also have the option of turning off the tension sensor which is important.

The last loader I made like this I had the balls rerouted out of the side but this time I wanted them straight up and out through the shell of the hopper so the feed tube could be the shortest length as possible.

Here is a video of it shooting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWQ2xDK2sM

Here are the pictures of my Low Orbit Ion Cannon A4 Fly:

I played with the gun this past weekend and it worked great and the loader fed as fast as I could shoot. I tried to make a video of it shooting but the cheap camera didn't record too well.

Cons:

Currently the problem with this setup is that it can put much more strain on the motor and have problems wearing them out. The first one of these I made using a B2 that I bought used. It worked great the first few times but the motor died on me during the Living Legends game in 2010. It happened a few minutes before Traumahead starting filming me which made it really suck even more. I replaced that motor with the same sized one from a toy dump truck and it has worked since.

This loader was also purchased used and I currently have the speed setting all the way up. This can cause the loader to popcorn the paintballs inside when it gets low. To try and remedy the problem I'm going to try out one of these much higher torque motors and set the loader to a lower speed setting.

I'll post up more project or parts info later if anybody is interested.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Last edited by Chris From Flurry; 06-07-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: embedded the video
Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
The last loader I made like this I had the balls rerouted out of the side but this time I wanted them straight up and out through the shell of the hopper so the feed tube could be the shortest length as possible.
I'm interested in that connection at the bottom of the loader.

Very clean.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Looks pretty awesome.

Any reason why you didn't have the paint coming out the regular way?

Is that your logo on the loader shell?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i am interested in seeing the inner workings of the loader. i have made a couple with a simular concept with varying results.
subyrally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm interested in that connection at the bottom of the loader.

Very clean.
I made the mounting bracket out of a 3/8" thick piece of aluminum similar to a warp feed bracket but longer with a hole drilled out for the loader neck to fit into snug. On the bottom part of it I used a clamping feedneck collar to keep it tight so it could work it's way off.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream

Old 08-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice work. Can't wait to get my new loader and complete the set up. Thanks for being a guinea pig!

UPDATE*** It's now complete and works well with the Invert Halo Too... Another successful mod completed (Thanks Chris) ...

Last edited by TimmyJay; 05-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.
TimmyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I would love to have that on a mag with a warp feed body
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Looks pretty awesome.

Any reason why you didn't have the paint coming out the regular way?

Is that your logo on the loader shell?
There was a few reasons I didn't have it come out the bottom normally and loop back up.
- I wanted a clean look to the gun and didn't want the long tube to loop all the way around.

- Having the tube at the bottom most part of the gun would increase the chance of crushing the tube and the paintballs inside of it. So things like setting it down and maneuvering around bunkers would require even more care and attention.

- I wanted a short tube for faster loading and a lower coefficient of friction that didn't block my sight line. I sight down the left side of my barrel, it's just how I've always done it. So I needed that gap inbetween the gun and the loader open so I would have a clear sight picture.

*Whew

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
i am interested in seeing the inner workings of the loader. i have made a couple with a simular concept with varying results.
I didn't take pictures when I was building this one but if you check out the link at the beginning of the original post you can see how I did the 90* elbow onto the raceway. This time though I did it straight up and then used a 45* elbow too (because I miscalculated the angle I needed it to face). I used copper plumbing elbows instead of the pvc ones because the pvc style have a sharp corner inside which may impede the flow. The copper ones are smooth but heavier.

TimmyJay - It may be a while now before I do another one...we'll see though.

Last edited by Chris From Flurry; 03-13-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

thanks.

that is actually how i did mine. i used a copper 90* elbow and then used a ten round tube withthe end cut off to feed it into the bottom of my ion rifle.
subyrally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

I never really thought of using a 10 round tube. Thanks for the idea, it may come in handy some other time when I'm trying to rig something up.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions