mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Negative

Empire Trracer Project in the Works

Okay, I guess it's about time to post a progress thread for this. For the past two months, I've been gathering materials from far and wide, scouring EBay, the OGs, and Mcarterbrown for extreme deals.

Now that I have almost all of the ingredients, I am about ready to finally get to work on this.

Ingredients:

Blank Walnut stock
Empire Trracer
Hammerhead BattleStixx 16"
Bushnell 3-9 x 40 scope
Folding bipod
12 Gram drop-out changer

All that I need is some air fittings, hoses, and a block of aluminum, and then I will be all set.

(I also need to find a mill to use in the East Texas area)

Now here is the plan:

The Trracer is going to lose the stock trigger frame and everything, and I am going to make a custom one out of aluminum that will configure it for use in the wooden stock. Then, the stock will be milled out to fit everything. I plan on routing the air up front, and having the 12 gram changer fitting sticking out of the front of the rifle about 3/4", just below the barrel.

I will update with additional pictures as this progresses.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Negative

Reserved.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Professional Hobbyist

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I see what your doing here, anything like this?
markermasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Negative

Ah, yes. That is a very close setup to what I have envisioned. I am trying to hide the airline and the 12 gram changer though. Something like this:

Okay, it's fairly self explanatory, but I'm going to clarify a few things. The blue and red are airline fittings, which will run beside the trigger grouping. I'm still not 100% sure how I am going to do the trigger stuff, but it's going to be tough. And, the top is how I will pump it. The handle will be rotatable around the rod, and the whole thing will slide back, and then forward to pump it.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Professional Hobbyist

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Looks very slick, I built my trigger out of steel, cause that's what I could get, but it works of the same principle. Can't wait to see this all finished
Old 11-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Negative

Thanks. I think that I am going to make the trigger frame out of aluminum, but I am planning on making the trigger parts and such out of steel for better strength. That goes for the cocking handle and mechanisms also.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Professional Hobbyist

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Cool, I have been waiting for someone to do this with the trracer for awhile. It's a great base gun, unfortunately it came out about two weeks after I built mine
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Negative

The main reason that I picked the Empire Trracer was that it has Cocker threads,and it is extremely affordable. I have an old ACI Maverick, but there are very few barrels that will work with it. It also helped that I was able to snag an amazing deal on a used Empire Trracer.

In the process of working everything out, I'm pretty sure that it was the best choice. Especially since I can load First Strike rounds.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

looks like a good build. I'm doing the same project but with a BT4. Your plans are exactly what i have planned out aswell with the cocking mechanism, same scope and all.

I want to use a 12g changer as well but place it differently. your using a drop out so placing it inside the front would work. I would like to use a bucket changer and have it out the back of the stock this way i can still lay prone and do a change out easily.

I look forward to watching your build
LT.Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Negative

UPDATE TIME!!! I have channeled out the stock to fit the marker, and I did it without any power tools... Any guesses as to how I accomplished that? Also found a nice piece of Aluminum in a scrapyard for $2. Better than $25 online.

Let me know what you think.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions