mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had an interesting experience using the zeta.

On my 3rd shot the balls flew out the opposite end of the magazine from vibration. I guess itís hard to avoid using the end caps.

I would imagine stronger/stiffer springs would put even more strain on the ball retainer.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

How to fix ****ty Zetamag springs

I'm sorry guys, but I've got 12 zetas and don't have issues with any of them.

The thing is that the follower catch is in the middle of the spring so if the spring happens to collapse to the side it can block or hook on the catch. If this happens DO NOT force it. If it doesn't click onto the follower the first time just back the loading rod out about halfway give it a quick jiggle in and out, and try again. 90% of the time it will click right in on the next attempt.

Trying to force the catch to click in when it doesn't want to will result in a bent spring every time.

Also- doing the quick release mod seems to help somewhat as well.

They're not ****ty springs, you're just forcing them too hard. I admit its not exactly ideal, but all it requires is an adjustment in your technique, not a new spring.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Well lets see...

Quote:
The thing is that the follower catch is in the middle of the spring so if the spring happens to collapse to the side it can block or hook on the catch.
Does not happen with rap4 springs, EVER.

Quote:
If this happens DO NOT force it. If it doesn't click onto the follower the first time just back the loading rod out about halfway give it a quick jiggle in and out, and try again.
This is masturbation. I bet everyone here can't wait to jack off their zetamag in the field! I do not need to do any of this with rap4 springs.

Quote:
90% of the time it will click right in on the next attempt.
100% of the time the mag will catch without issues with rap4 springs. You are a StarkPursuit apologist. The springs are ****e and need to be replaced.
wartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

We could really do without the jackassery, bro. I'm not apologizing for anyone. Do I believe that the springs are perfect? No, but they're perfectly usable if you read the directions instead of ham fisting around with them.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

I agree that this is a problem with the design or implementation. All you have to do is look in the windows to watch the spring get all deformed as you push the follower in. You can watch it kink up, and you can feel it get in the way of the catch. It's that simple.

One of the biggest features of the Zetamag is the ability to reload it, in hand, while your loaded gun is still also in-hand. It's literally like having a third hand. Two Zetamags, a bunch of ten round tubes, and a little bit of manual dexterity will probably showcase the real potential for fast and light play with such a setup.

But we can't be doing this "jerking off" thing with the reloading rod or squeegie. It needs to work every time. Not even 90%. Not 95% of the time. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SKvW3yEd0
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 11-05-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Wait, that wasn't you.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ok so Stark answered on Facebook to one of the players, he sent me a link and I jumped in https://www.facebook.com/StarkPursui...=share_comment
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartex View Post
Ok so Stark answered on Facebook to one of the players, he sent me a link and I jumped in https://www.facebook.com/StarkPursui...=share_comment
There is no need to outright attack a company on a public page (yes, your comment was an attack). I would stop all communication with you if I was Stark. Need to learn to be formal and polite when speaking with companies regardless of their size and your opinions on THEIR product. Odds are they will be more likely to help you if you come across polite and not a jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
There is no need to outright attack a company on a public page (yes, your comment was an attack). I would stop all communication with you if I was Stark. Need to learn to be formal and polite when speaking with companies regardless of their size and your opinions on THEIR product. Odds are they will be more likely to help you if you come across polite and not a jackass.
I would if they didn't outright LIE that rap4 springs don't work reliably. They also stabbed at me with "Manufacturing is more complicated than shopping online" - that is super unprofessional. I have a right to criticize their product, and I presented a video evidence it's crap. I am attacking them because me and others paid MONEY for their product, it has problems and they continue to ship it with no changes.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

The thing is that the follower catch is in the middle of the spring so if the spring happens to collapse to the side it can block or hook on the catch. If this happens DO NOT force it. If it doesn't click onto the follower the first time just back the loading rod out about halfway give it a quick jiggle in and out, and try again. 90% of the time it will click right in on the next attempt.

Trying to force the catch to click in when it doesn't want to will result in a bent spring every time.

Also- doing the quick release mod seems to help somewhat as well.

They're not ****ty springs, you're just forcing them too hard. I admit its not exactly ideal, but all it requires is an adjustment in your technique, not a new spring.
This is perfectly correct!! I have 24 zeta mags and none of them had kinked springs or whatever the problems are being reported here. What I've been noticing is mostly operator mistakes. Learn how to use a product and maybe it will actually work the way it is designed to work
k3nDinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

I played with my four used zeta mags for the first time on Sunday. Had a few months but I think that was due to fragile paint.

I've done the follower mod because some of them were a pain to release but I've yet to have any problems locking them down.

Saying that, I have four sets of dmag springs on order because they were cheap and I'm curious.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions