mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ask me about my

So...figure about a 3/4" ID for one of those thread extenders (approx as I don't have one to measure)

If you want to figure out other dimensions go here

@400 psi: 1.25" H clear space =~ .55 in^3

@200 psi: 2.26" H clear =~ 1 in^3

If you did a spool similar to an Phenom/automag/etha/axe that'd probably work the best since Tippmann's done this already anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
You need approximately 200 cubic inch pounds of energy to launch a paintball at 300 fps.

Examples:

Automag - .55 cubic inches @ 400 ish PSI = ~200 cubic inch pounds

Mini - ~1 cubic inch @ 200 ish PSI

Axe - Similar to Mini.

Ty
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

This is a cool concept for a sleeper Tippmann. The design looks more ProAm than 98. I see disassembly and cleaning to be your biggest nightmare. If you go with a mechanical valve like the one yoda uses in the Ion conversion. Then, you would have space to put the LPR and dump in the grip.

Looking at your Maelsrom animation I'm struggling with how you are going to seal the dump chamber. I also see problems with your gas ports from the grip to the reg back to the solenoid. Why not make it more like a Mini. Put the HPR, LPR and dump all in the grip and move the battery and board to the forward grip. Change the shape of the fore grip, don't follow the masses and make a vertical stick. Why not a ball or something else that feels good in the hand. Keep the Noid in the same location. Again, look at how simple it is to pull the engine, clean the breach and put it back together. If you have to remove a dozen screws then who wants to deal with that? Changing the battery also needs to be a tool less task.

Just a few Ideas / Rum fueled rants.
newmaticarsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmaticarsenal View Post
This is a cool concept for a sleeper Tippmann. The design looks more ProAm than 98. I see disassembly and cleaning to be your biggest nightmare. If you go with a mechanical valve like the one yoda uses in the Ion conversion. Then, you would have space to put the LPR and dump in the grip.

Looking at your Maelsrom animation I'm struggling with how you are going to seal the dump chamber. I also see problems with your gas ports from the grip to the reg back to the solenoid. Why not make it more like a Mini. Put the HPR, LPR and dump all in the grip and move the battery and board to the forward grip. Change the shape of the fore grip, don't follow the masses and make a vertical stick. Why not a ball or something else that feels good in the hand. Keep the Noid in the same location. Again, look at how simple it is to pull the engine, clean the breach and put it back together. If you have to remove a dozen screws then who wants to deal with that? Changing the battery also needs to be a tool less task.

Just a few Ideas / Rum fueled rants.
This is all beer fueled design. I don't know if I am even capable of producing something this complicated. That's why the initial design is as simple as possible, but without being able to seal off the dump chamber it would be pretty inefficient, however, I may try the initial design out because it is so simple, even without being able to seal the dump chamber off I think it would still work, hopefully.

Because of the clam shell design it is pretty much impossible to have tool less removal, however I can make it a simpler removal.

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a single tube that would insert with no modifications to the gun or minor modifications, and I think this design is going to be my best bet. I am thinking that if I put an Axe reg/asa in the trigger frame I will be able to feed it through the rear, and then hopefully I can fit the battery and board in the trigger frame. If I can get all of that in there I could mount the noid in the front grip and this design would be perfect for that.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Congratulations, you have designed either the Bob Long/GI Sports Victus or the Valken Proton.

This last design is far superior to your previous ones. With the ability to disconnect the dump chamber from the air supply will improve efficiency greatly, and make the need for very precise electropneumatic systems far less important.

A small suggestion... Instead of driving the system from the bolt, consider using the tail as the ram. It will be easier to produce.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Congratulations, you have designed either the Bob Long/GI Sports Victus or the Valken Proton.

This last design is far superior to your previous ones. With the ability to disconnect the dump chamber from the air supply will improve efficiency greatly, and make the need for very precise electropneumatic systems far less important.

A small suggestion... Instead of driving the system from the bolt, consider using the tail as the ram. It will be easier to produce.

Ty
I was thinking the same thing with the drive, it is just a little complicated to figure out exactly how to do it. Also, this is loosely based on the Dye Matrix design.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Agreed.

If you keep the stock front grip (which I know you said you don't want), you can put the battery in there. It was pretty common to do that for e-bolts. That is, if you decide to change it to be actuated from the rear.

Perhaps I'm speaking to the choir, but I would suggest that all the threaded sections of the bolt can have wrench flats so it's easier to take apart. Also, the o-ring that seals the dump chamber would probably be better on the bolt itself. In it's current place, it's going to be a royal b**** to replace should it fail. Not to mention machine.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Agreed.

If you keep the stock front grip (which I know you said you don't want), you can put the battery in there. It was pretty common to do that for e-bolts. That is, if you decide to change it to be actuated from the rear.

Perhaps I'm speaking to the choir, but I would suggest that all the threaded sections of the bolt can have wrench flats so it's easier to take apart. Also, the o-ring that seals the dump chamber would probably be better on the bolt itself. In it's current place, it's going to be a royal b**** to replace should it fail. Not to mention machine.
Rear actuation now, and added flats for easy disassembly. Had to change the bolt a bit because you can't have it rear actuated without some kind of stop or it would just spit the bolt out.

Does anyone know of a free 2D design program that I could use so I can at least get some basic measurements and see if I can get this thing to even fit inside my 98. I know the stroke, bore, diameter and overall length that it should be, I just have to make sure I can do this in that space. I am a little worried that I might have to make it look like an Ebolt with the rear actuation.

Last edited by Buwaro; 01-28-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Looking at the latest one, I'm confused about the rear assembly. Not how it works, I mean how it would actually go together. I'm referring specifically at the small threaded part that isolates the tail from the part that closes the dump chamber. How do you intend on removing that, let alone put it together? From what I can tell, it would be impossible without removing the bolt, but you wouldn't be able to remove the bolt without removing it...

It looks like you move the entire assembly forward and shrink the long empty hollow section up front. The section of the bolt that opens the dump chamber could be as far forward as to make it even with the front of grey bolt can.

Or I assume you could. I'm not an expert on marker design theory...

Last edited by magmoormaster; 01-28-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

I am hoping that I will eventually just be able to make a separate rear end for it and be able to install the system on an A5. I doubt the cyclone feed will work, but they have a feedneck that eliminates the cyclone. I will also have to figure out a different way to route the air since it mounts differently.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Dang, you beat me before I finished editing...

Having that capability would be huge, IMO. I don't think the air route would be too big of an issue. You'd be able to just ditch the whole tombstone and just run the air the same way as this version.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions