mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
A used phantom should be between 100 and $200 depending on the options. If you can't find one that cheap, I will sell you one.
Knowledgeable and generous. Haha 👍 I really want a pump gun. But I also don't have an electronic gun either. I would like to own both to have the option. Would that 1-200 dollar range be working. Or parts or repair ? Lol
Baby Jesus Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jesus Swag View Post
How do ions work ? Is it a good/decent gun
They are a pneumatically controlled blow forward. Air holds the bolt back, venting that air lets the bolt go forward to fire.

???KAMIKAZE - ????????????? ????? ??????? Smart Parts Ion / GOG eXTCy ? Shocktech Superfly Ion Bolt
Ion Marker Tech [ZDSPB Tech]

They are as good or decent as you want one to be, they are very versatile. Not the same level of love that most people would give an Autococker or Automag, they are definitely a cheaper built gun than either of those, but a good affordable project base that can be anything you want it to be. The GoG enmey is essentially a mechanical ion from the factory, and has caused a number of people to mothball their mags in favor of it for several reasons.

They can be electro or mechanical, wd3d on here actually offers pump conversions for them as well. You can put different bodies over the firing chamber and breech to get whatever look you are going for, there are a number of different bolts for them with at least 4 distinct styles (stock and similar layouts, BeOranged and Techt L7 style, Deadlywind Hollowpoint, and closed bolt conversion) that give you different types of shots, there are a handful of different frame options for them, different boards or a mechanical conversion, there are a few projects in this forum about making it a gas through frame conversion using mostly off the shelf components. It really is whatever you want it to be.

Full disclosure - I designed the mechanical conversion kit and the closed bolt conversion that are linked to.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Ahhh. Okay. Sounds very interesting. I shall look into that. And have this old tippmann 68 carbine that no body seems to want to buy. So I planned on customizing it. I wanna add a nice grip. Somehow change the feed neck. Remove the bulky expansion chamber. Replace the horrid trigger. And modifiy it to shoot quicker ? (: any suggestions ??
Old 06-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

For 100+ it should work.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
For 100+ it should work.
Alright. Haha. Cuz I know I seen some automags on eBay for $200 broke
Old 06-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

the 68 carbines Is rock solid, that bulky xpan is actually considered an upgrade. they don't have much value though. you can find .45 grip frames for them. the trigger is very stiff and you can put in a lighter spring but I didn't like it. your not going to increase the rate of fire except by practice on that one though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
It was a simple question....I thought.
zacgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
the 68 carbines Is rock solid, that bulky xpan is actually considered an upgrade. they don't have much value though. you can find .45 grip frames for them. the trigger is very stiff and you can put in a lighter spring but I didn't like it. your not going to increase the rate of fire except by practice on that one though
I know haha. But I use strictly compresse air. No need for a bulky xpan. And I was thinking of custom making a part or something If I needed too. Just to make it work a bit better. Make it my own and stuff. Cuz all i know is the trigger is horribly. Lol. It even hurts my finger to use. Only thing I can say positive about it is its a very solid trigger. Is there any way possible to even customize the feedback to be centered on the gun. And what threads doe it have ? I couldn't find it anywhere. On the one i have. I don't think the barrel even unscrews. Haha. I've tried pretty hard to get it off. No luck though
Old 06-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

it unscrews but you need to loosen the bolt holding on the front shroud. it also clamps the barrel in place. it takes a tippmann threaded barrel that fits the 68 carb, procarbine, prolite, etc as well as a modern tippmann a5

Quote:
Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
it unscrews but you need to loosen the bolt holding on the front shroud. it also clamps the barrel in place. it takes a tippmann threaded barrel that fits the 68 carb, procarbine, prolite, etc as well as a modern tippmann a5
Ah. Very good. I have some a-5 barrels. A CP 14in one. And an apex 2. What would you recommend modifying on it? I know it's not worth but 30-40 dollars so I figured why not pimp it out
And do you care if I pm you some pics of it. And maybe you can give some more advice ? (:
Old 06-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
older, working on wiser

sure il pm you my email

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions