mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Snyiper Send a message via Yahoo to Snyiper

Thanks Jakal that is reassuring to know as I also purchased the extended rail. Ill give Mark time I am sure like you say he is swamped. By chance do you know the oring size for the rail? I know cocker and Mag frames fit but how much is involved in getting it right (future project). Right now looks like my only option on the trigger is to make a new piece that goes between the trigger and hammer. Do all Sterlings have that long pull and what is the usual fix? I am suprised someone dosn't already make this piece...perhaps my gun is just wierd, Oh yea it is a squared off handle.

Players "Play the game with Honor and Dignity or just wipe cause you suck"
Snyiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cheffer

An o-ring about 5/16 outer diameter would work well... if you go by #'s that were talking a #8 or #7 would work. I've got a bunch of #8's if'n you want some (I ordered for my dm5 o-ring kit by mistake, it doesn't use #8's!). Just pm your address and I will shoot em over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyiper
I know cocker and Mag frames fit but how much is involved in getting it right (future project). Right now looks like my only option on the trigger is to make a new piece that goes between the trigger and hammer. Do all Sterlings have that long pull and what is the usual fix? I am suprised someone dosn't already make this piece...perhaps my gun is just wierd, Oh yea it is a squared off handle.

I made a new lever so that I could use my dye swing frame on my sterling (cut then grind then polished 304 stainless)

Here is the new lever...

Here is the frame on the sterling...

Using a cocker slider, or mag regular mag frame is even easier. On the cocker, you have to fill in the oval hole that the three-way rod goes into, then drill it for the 1/8inch trigger pin. The lever pin goes in the same spot as the sear pin on the cocker. For the mag, you have the trigger pin in the correct location, you just need to drill for the lever pin (line it up on your sterling frame). Easy peasy.

Last edited by jhyan; 04-15-2006 at 12:46 AM.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I still have a couple of things to do to mine before anno:

Add a Mag frame, replace the upper hose with hardline, and add a ball detent.........

Walker
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Walker, nice gun!

If you wanna sell the barrel you know who to call...

yeah that would be me...

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions