mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zee German, eh?

Send a message via ICQ to Ced23Ric Send a message via MSN to Ced23Ric Send a message via Skype™ to Ced23Ric

Unexpected Consequences

Well, guess what came with the mail 3 hours ago?

click to enlarge

Here is some sort of mock-up, or proof-of-concept for you guys. As you can see, it's the unmilled EGO 05 frame as customs still holds my PMR UL frame, and there are no pneumatics attached. When it's finally done, it will look much cleaner, promised. I am already pondering sending some other parts out for anodizing again, that be: Solenoid housing (is glossy black, want it flat), ASA (chrome-ish. ) - and whichever frame it will be. If I need more parts to reach the treshold of the anodizer, I'll add the trigger - or the backs of the Hammerhead set. For those wondering: the stubby one is a Sharktooth, the long one a feather-light MoFo (Carbon Fiber!) barrel.

Pics: Remote coil setup, air-on-gun setup, angled view, other side.

click to enlarge

Still lacks the Halfblock Kit, the trigger frame, installed internals, pneumatics and air hosing.
Ced23Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I just gizzed in my pants.
Shortbus72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zee German, eh?

Send a message via ICQ to Ced23Ric Send a message via MSN to Ced23Ric Send a message via Skype™ to Ced23Ric

You will do so even more. I got a big thing coming up. Might take a while, but it will be well worth it.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Make Me King

wow, i'm excited...

My feedback

FOR SALE

SELLING OUT MISC 8/2011
arcticmonkey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Duper Member

sweet project man, the only gripe i have is that I think karni's make really pretty midblocks, but to each his own

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Engus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

beautiful gun and i like the stock on it as well! I was thinking of putting one on my woodsball karni

how is the ego frame compared to the stock frame? does it feel noticeably better? any lighter?

mind me asking how much the anodizing was??

Check out my project, i just posted it here.
rapinatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Zee German, eh?

Back In Action!

After a ****ing long break, due to my tonsil surgery (Pictures: #1, #2, #3 and secondary bleedings) and a long time of wait because of German customs taking the UL frame I initially planned on using in custody, finally: An update! Fresh from Paint Xtreme I got the Hybrid Black/Snow Camo grips for PM/DM markers (non UL), aaaaand ... I ****ing love you Kitty. Thanks for the FBM Fierce frame, it arrived here without the slightest problem. Couldn't have done without you, lass. As some of you might now, FBM is out of business so it was quite a hunt to get one of those frames in ok condition, but we got one - for $40, yay! Now you can see were this marker is going.

click to enlarge

Who doesn't like it by now: I don't care, pick a number at the door and wait.

Now the only parts missing is the E2 'noid housing (Much love Willie. I can't wait. ) and the DM5 Trigger from RaGuBa (raguba technologies - pay this guy a visit, his triggers and his unique rail are awesome) - luckily, everything is ordered, paid and I just have to wait for it. When all parts are here, I will have to fit the Tadao board in the frame (seems easy), replace the optical sensor with a microswitch (seems harder) and then, after final cleaning, it is a last run to the anodizer for a flat black finish for all parts. Some loctite and cutting, and the gun is done. Let me know what you think (even if you don't like it. But don't forget the numbers. )!

@Raptinore: Hey there, cutie. I am following your project since it started.
As you see, I ditched the EGO05 frame for something much more beautiful, so ... yeah, I coulkdn't tell you how this would feel in the end. The anodizing was ~US$ 180 (converted from Euros), in total, but that is because of the acid wash theme. Normally, it would be only around US$ 120 for a complete Karnivor in one colour.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Zee German, eh?

Trigger happy!

Today I got my trigger from raguba technologies - with no less than literally 500 additional screws if anything might not fit the FBM frame - Ralf has been very kind and looks after this project, too. The DM5 trigger is a spring-return system, though, so it got me thinking to rework it so it works with a magnet instead. Well, I will work something out. A big thank you to Ralf and the stickers, I will spread them - and use 'em.

Another big thanks goes out to my mate Tommy from the German Woodland forums, who shipped my the second part of the stuff from the USA (Thanks Rayray! ). I might have to sand down the sled a bit - or file down the body, so it slides smoother, but you can get the image - jcurt455 from MCB, thanks for the halfblock kit. The reg from Ninja PB is here as well. I still need a 48/4500 Luxfer tank, than the airsystem is done, as well. Also, thanks for the fill whip - yay!

Piktshures:

click to enlarge
Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Great work, but I don't get teh anno choice.
Worr Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Zee German, eh?

Care to elaborate?

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions