mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

.68 Carbine Double Barrel

Well, heres what you get when you cross a bored person, a love for paintball and more .68 carbines to dink around with than you can shake a stick at. I present to you my idea for a double barrel bullpup 68 carbine.
(Sorry the picture is so dark, but its alot worse with the flash on.)
*Pic at bottom.

Heres how it'll go. The trigger grip in the front will have a small hole in the back that will house a small rod that will be pushed back by the trigger. The rod will also be thicker after it leaves the grip so it won't bend. The rod will then go back and rest in the middle of a thick metal rod with a large hole drilled 2/3 the way in it to accomadate the rod and any vertical movement and will lie across both tiggers in back. The setup will look like this.

Whats nice is the trigger make for a pretty decent stock. Then a hole will be made on the left reciever to accomadete a left feed. I am not sure how to close the hole on the other side yet. Any suggestions would be apricated. Finally, use spacers and long screw along with the existing holes to hold the gun together. Using the existing lines and 2 remotes bundled in a camo sleve, plug in two tanks, load up, and go ape ****. Any constructive criticism would help. Also, since I don't readily have acess to all of the equipent I need, this project will be a long one. -Neal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68 carb double.JPG (47.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 04-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You wouldn't need to use 2 remotes and 2 tanks. It would be easy enough to run both off of one tank and remote with a few fittings from the hardware store.

Heck, I once whipped up a setup to run 3 guns off of one tank for a paintball shooting gallery I helped run.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Fubarius, I was wondering about doing something similar, running 2 guns on 2 remotes off of one tank, do you know the specifications of how to do that? It sounds like a t fitting but If you can tell me what you used I'd appreciate it.

Sorry to threadjack, just wondering. PBstud, that sounds like it would make a really good turret mounted weapon. Good luck.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

UPDATE: Went to home depot and got the right hard ware to link the two guns together. Also I'm moving away from the bullpup design because I probably wont have the time to set it all up. Tomorrow I will be headed to a friends shop to hopefully drill the new feed hole and cut a new bolt opening for the right side gun. I guess this is goin faster than I thought.

LEFT TO DO:
Feed Neck modification
Right hand bolt opening
Plumbing
Joining the triggers together
New Barrels
R/T's?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS
Fubarius, I was wondering about doing something similar, running 2 guns on 2 remotes off of one tank, do you know the specifications of how to do that? It sounds like a t fitting but If you can tell me what you used I'd appreciate it.
That's pretty much all there is. One standard remote pin depressor. A male to 2 female T fitting (we added a second one screwed onto the first to get 3), and 2 remote hoses with slide check valves.

To run a double gun you could run a single remote up to a T fitting on the first gun to then run a short hose to the second.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

That look's really nice!

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions