mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #541 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to matts

This device is supposed to be mounted underneath a rifle like the M16 ... an adapter for the A5 was also produced years ago.

http://www.tippmannordnance.com/wp-c...GL-47-M203.pdf

http://www.tippmannordnance.com/wp-c...ld-Manual1.pdf

http://www.tippmannordnance.com/wp-c...IMENSIONS1.pdf

To it was a steel MIG welded box screwed on to it using the existing mounting holes, adapter ports for an Tippmann A5 Commando stock, some rubber silencers and 1/4" bolts to hold it all together and minimize any loose. A Picatinny rail to mount the M203 flip up ladder sight (I use the tip of the top of the launcher as a gauge to box in the target).

The Spyder grip had enough meat to mill properly to mount around the launchers back and into the steel box, I "recycled" the rest of the spyder marker.

ANS Jackhammer II Autococker Reg .. or any other that has 1/8 NPT in/out, 100 to ~250psi output would have done in my opinion, refill rate of the rather large dump chamber not important with such a slow ammo reload.

I found that using such a shotgun at Milsim/Woodsball event, 225fps is plenty, I can evenly paint insides of stair cases, floors, window frames. Another aspect is the "beat" aspect : in the sense that when its shot, there is a pause on your opposition, your team is setting their pace, I can hear them say "Quick he is reloading" ... they also know that I never travel alone and have several team mates ready to welcome them... so taunting them by showing signs of slow reload and/or setting the pace on them are aspect that I have come to see when using that setup.

Matt.

Random adjustments = Waiting for a miracle -M.Crisp.
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #542 (permalink)
Pinnacle Paintball

CCM Fan
I've seen this in action and it's FANTASTIC! I've also had the opportunity to shoot the sabot shells from a Havoc and they worked amazingly well, with an approximately 5' spread at 50'.

Pinnacle Paintball
www.pinnaclepaintballsupply.com

Your Canadian Pump Paintball Supply
SnowZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #543 (permalink)
Has ridges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts View Post
I found that using such a shotgun at Milsim/Woodsball event, 225fps is plenty, I can evenly paint insides of stair cases, floors, window frames. Another aspect is the "beat" aspect : in the sense that when its shot, there is a pause on your opposition, your team is setting their pace, I can hear them say "Quick he is reloading" ... they also know that I never travel alone and have several team mates ready to welcome them... so taunting them by showing signs of slow reload and/or setting the pace on them are aspect that I have come to see when using that setup.

Matt.
How do you set the chronograph speed?

TPX
Ruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #544 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to matts

By shooting both a sealed and opened round over a shooting chrony.

Random adjustments = Waiting for a miracle -M.Crisp.
matts is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions