mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr
My suggestion is to purchase 5 speedstick gel deoderant sticks. Get the stick out of the plastic container, and arrange them in a circle around your pile of barrel plugs, and light the sticks.

Speedsticks burn EXTREMELY well, and soon you will have a simmering lake of liquid fire with your barrel plugs in the middle.
This is an intrigueing bit of info that I wish to explore. Does it have to be the newer "gel" deoderant, or does it work with the classic speedstick?

Back on topic of destruction, I wonder if they could possibly be melted to liquid form. If so, it would be cool to make them into a little plastic stylized paint splats and use them to decorate.... something.

Or you can attempt to blow them up. I have had a lot of fun with Pyrodex in the past but you are more likely to just launch a barrel plug way up in the air than actually do any damage to them that way.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Speedsticks burn EXTREMELY well, and soon you will have a simmering lake of liquid fire with your barrel plugs in the middle.
I am extremely curious as to why/how you know this information.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just sold my giant box of barrell plugs out to the scrapper ... it paid for a tank fill.

Regards

Eric
OldGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Hmmm - this speed stick thing - what kinds exactly..

You see at EMR we always have enough charcoal and meat and always forget lighter fluid. Given that we end up wasting good booze to start fires this might be something we could use in addition to rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer and Off! with DEET.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

PPS Fan
Would you like your burger with the smoky flavor of "Ocean breeze" or "Stetson"?

lol
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to eric

i know its probably illegal but see if you can find some m-80's
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to zer0render Send a message via MSN to zer0render Send a message via Yahoo to zer0render Send a message via Skype™ to zer0render

Maybe you can rig up a sandbox, stick a barrel plug in the middle, and light up some thermite on top of the plug. It would be forever enclosed in an iron coffin. Or you could give 'em to me. Worth a shot...

Last edited by zer0render; 05-11-2006 at 07:56 PM.
zer0render is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Resident Psycho

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I told ya I am gonna make a Mobile for my duaghters crib with the ones I have left.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Club
***For the pyromaniacally curious***

Any of the "clear" deodorant sticks should work. I don't have any experience with the newer liquid-y gel sticks. Back in the day they called anything halfway clear "gel" regardless of its actual physical properties.

Original Speed Stick is awesome, Old Spice works great, Brut may burn a hole to the earth's core if I recall correctly. The important thing to remember is that you are specifically looking for "deodorant". Basically deodorant is just perfume in an alcohol, oil, and wax base (hence the wonderful flammability). Anti-perspirant uses Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex or some other fantastically named chemical to stop sweat. A deodorant just covers up the funk.

I first got my burning deodorant jollies in my freshman year of high-school. I went to a boarding academy, so there were 300+ largely unsupervised young men in a dormitory with too much free time on their hands. I was in a room with 3 other pyros, and we burnt everything we could find. After Christmas (what to you give a 15 year old nephew??? Why the highly flammable "Brut" gift set of course!!!), we really swung into high gear as each of us had gotten some sort of highly explosive personal grooming product that we had no intention of actually using on our bodies (unless it was to set our hands on fire). By the way, the old Right Guard spray in the gold and black can is the most amazing flame-thrower that I have ever seen.

We used to write on the mirror in our room with deodorant sticks and light it, so we had burning letters on the wall (did I mention that there was NO TV at this school? I'm also far too old for there to have been computers or the internet. Hell, cassette tapes were still fairly new at the time!) One of the times that Matt was fiddling with the "burning words on the mirror" trick, he caught the Brut stick on fire. We thought it was pretty cool and stopped to watch it awhile. Pretty soon it became completely apparent that we were not going to be able to put it out. The burning lake of liquid fire had almost covered the entire top of the dresser before Matt sacrificed a towel to sop the fiery mess up and carry it (still flaming) out to the community bathroom where it could burn in peace.

Years later I got an Old Spice gift set from a well meaning Auntie, and I was finally able to speak the immortal words to my wife… “Hey, watch this!”

FEEDBACK

Last edited by Robertsr; 05-12-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

some of my best/worst stories have started with 'hey watch this!'

however, they are also the ones that tend to turn into 'so no ****, there i was....'

if you are looking to sacrifice barrel plugs in an interesting manner, i suggest creamation, charcoal an maybe a speedstick to light-er up. or if you have access to a blowtorch, you could always make 'sculptures'

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone