mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #841 (permalink)
DSL is new here
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sandown, NH/ Worcester, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool0 View Post
I think that you are right. mine seems to always be either too high or not firing at all.
thats what I was afraid of. with the different spring. and from what people have said, bored valve chamber.
__________________
WPI BS/ME '12 MS/ME '13

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #842 (permalink)
Active Member
 
CovertRssian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
It is just me or is the velocity adjustment SUPER sensitive on the SA8s?
I noticed this at first. But keep in mind that you need to basically shoot two rounds and chrono on the second shot after adjustments.

I'm thinking once the spring breaks in it should be better.
CovertRssian is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #843 (permalink)
drg
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertRssian View Post
I noticed this at first. But keep in mind that you need to basically shoot two rounds and chrono on the second shot after adjustments.

I'm thinking once the spring breaks in it should be better.
I know how to chrono a gun. The difference between 240 fps and 350+ fps is 1/4 of a turn.
drg is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #844 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I know how to chrono a gun. The difference between 240 fps and 350+ fps is 1/4 of a turn.
It has to be the reg spring then. Probably a lot stiffer to reach higher velocities. Maybe it might be possible to buy a Tac8/T9 reg spring and swap it in. Probably get finer adjustment. On my Tac 8, a 1/4 turn is a jump of maybe 10-15 fps.
__________________
My 3D Printed Products:
Retro 7 CO2 Knob Grips
Tiberius T15 Magazine Winding Tools
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #845 (permalink)
Active Member
 
CovertRssian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I know how to chrono a gun. The difference between 240 fps and 350+ fps is 1/4 of a turn.
Not saying you don't, just trying to remove all factors while troubleshooting this issue .

I made that mistake and couldn't figure out how one turn made it go from under 200 to 380. It was really shot under 200, turned shot again, still under 200 turned a lot and bam 380.

I'll check the regulator on mine, but another person on UMS forums actually said that they couldn't get it low into legal limits.
CovertRssian is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #846 (permalink)
SAS Mass
 
Join Date: Jul 2007

I just gave in and ordered a blue one. I really hope that it's worth it. I have only tried a T8 in the middle of a scenario, and I didn't like the weight, but the balance was decent. I found the trigger way too touchy, but from what all you guys are saying the trigger has more pull force, right? No matter...my wife is going to freak when she finds out I spent more money on "paintball crap."
Python is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #847 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I just gave in and ordered a blue one. I really hope that it's worth it. I have only tried a T8 in the middle of a scenario, and I didn't like the weight, but the balance was decent. I found the trigger way too touchy, but from what all you guys are saying the trigger has more pull force, right? No matter...my wife is going to freak when she finds out I spent more money on "paintball crap."
Hey she must be my old lady's sister!
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #848 (permalink)
Active Member
 
cool0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ml#post1157566
cool0 is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #849 (permalink)
la la la la revolution
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
...my wife is going to freak when she finds out I spent more money on "paintball crap."
My wife saw me ogling this thread and insisted I get one, strongly suggesting orange. I love my wife...
MondoMor is offline  
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #850 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMor View Post
My wife saw me ogling this thread and insisted I get one, strongly suggesting orange. I love my wife...


i love your wife too.. can i have an orange one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love her and you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TeleFragger is offline  
Closed Thread

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC