mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ATS guns questions

Well, since I will soon have a surplus of money (birthday and a small stash in da bank), I'm thinking about buying a new and different mech. Some that have really caught my eye is the ATS lineup. Mostly the AT-4 and AT-16, but they all appeal to me. But before I jump in and buy one, I was curious about what you all thought of them. Like, personal experiences or stories from the grape vine. What are they like? Efficeint, accurate, dependable? Maintinance doesnt bother me cause I like tearing into mechanical things, no matter how complex. How do the magazines preform? Let me know what you know. Thanks in advance!

Company's website for reference.
http://www.getrealpaintball.com/intro_set.html

And on a COMPLETELY different note, about how many ounces of CO2 can you fit into a 88ci tank? Thanks

Last edited by ringer706; 05-25-2006 at 09:04 PM.
ringer706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I don't own one but I've heard they're pretty accurate and can be made to be good on air.

I don't know how much this'll help but a good buddy of mine who owns a couple (actually an old TS1 and an AT-85) told me that, at least for him, the mag system is prone to backing up and just doesn't feed as well as if you use the adapter clip and throw a hopper on the side.

Again, this is not my experience. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

AT guns are always nice...

However no guns arent without their quirks. AT's wear parts out in the clips more than anything. Other than that and a few consistency issues they are great.

I would suggest that you DONT wrench on it however. They are very tempermental when people dick around under the hood. There are pro's that know what they are doing. Tattoedgumby over at MCB is AT's main tech and creator if you are needing repairs of any type hit him up.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I 2nd Jake's assesment. If it breaks, send it in, don't mess with it. They're very complicated and there's people that can fix them better than you. But when they're working, they're great. I dig my AT-10. Very compact and light, yet so friggin' loud, even more so than my Vector.

And if you ever have any problems, Gumby (ATS general manager) is very accessable and helpful via PM's on MCB.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Good Lord! why would you put a loudener on an AT-10...there are loud enough to begin with. I have had 4 ATS's and I like them a lot. All that has been said before is true...there can be more maintence intensive than some other markers, but I have come to the point where I can do most repairs myself. I still have an AT-10 and a AT-4. I like the fact that I can go out on the field and play with just mags with my AT-4, makes playing a little more challenging...or if I want, throw the hopper mag on the AT-10 and reign destruction...the AT-10 is a real menacing marker.

Having said that, an ATS owner needs to be technically competent. There are tricks to remember, and when you follow the rules, they are very dependable. They are fairly accurate, even the AT-10's 6 inch barrel, but that greatly depends on paint...the unisizer is a handy feature...you can be more flexible with paint, although I have learned that I can't use them in the winter...just too much stress on the paint.

MNSparky is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone