mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Thermo tank

these 10oz tanks fitted with KP brackets, are they co2? how do you fill them(in the case it wasnt co2)? is the big knob just a big on/off valve?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
The knob IS just a big on off valve.

If it were me - I would change that valve out.

1) It weighs about 50 pounds.
2) People will wonder how to fill it.

Get yourself a good ASA that will fit on your braided line from your gun and get a Repeater Pin Valve for the tank.

You can usually find those valves at Wal Mart - if not - Call Crossfire - they make the repeater brand and they are one of the best.

Empty your tank fully and unscrew the Thermo Valve. If it does not come off use some boiling water to loosen the Loctite and then use a BIG OL WRENCH to turn it off. Put the Repeater valve on with Green Loctite and wait for it to dry. Then fill it like normal.

However, if you have a remote style fill station - those threads are the same on a Thermo Valve as they are on a pin valve - so they should be able to fill it too. Simply open the valve while filling - close it when done filling.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Yep its the same valve that is on top of larger 50 pound co2 tanks..more or less.

The top is a big on off, now filling them what I did was make an adapter that use an old fill station connection a reducer and a beater gas through grip that I had...

I fill my own tanks so really for the once in a while that I use a thermo tank its cool.. Ill fill it before I go play

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
However, if you have a remote style fill station - those threads are the same on a Thermo Valve as they are on a pin valve - so they should be able to fill it too. Simply open the valve while filling - close it when done filling.
TF
The threads are the same on the thermo valve, but it does not have an oring on the end.

Most fields will tell you they can not fill them, since they technically require an ASA with the seal on the female end. But an old school trick we would do is drop in oring into the fill station before threading in the thermo valve. Usually this works enough to fill the tank.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
HP. I forgot about that. All of mine have the o-ring adapter screwed into the Thermo Valve permanently. They also make teflon washers that you can drop in - stops the leak.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

They're CGA 320 threads, I think.
sniperfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone