mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
*Twenty Twen Twen*

just because it cheaper to manufacture, that doesn't mean that the savings will be passed down to the consumer. that just means a bigger profit margin for the businesses involved. lol
MY FEEDBACK
FlorryPB Brass and Stainless Sheridan Velocity Adjusters
FlorryPB Stainless Steel Phantom Valve Bodies
diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by diOs View Post
just because it cheaper to manufacture, that doesn't mean that the savings will be passed down to the consumer. that just means a bigger profit margin for the businesses involved. lol
Probably true--but even that is helpful to us. Paintball isn't the most profitable business in the world. The way the economy is these days, I'm sure the local shops and fields need all the help they can get.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Stoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
Paintball isn't the most profitable business in the world.
Paintball makes some kinda money to come out with new stuff every year and is played all over the world...... and then to have Hydrotec get an international patent..... yea..... somebody's making money!
komikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
n00b

That's way too simplistic. Yes, there is money in paintball. Of course there is, or there wouldn't be a paintball industry.

What you're missing is that most of the money in paintball is at the corporate level, for the few big-name manufacturers and distributors. Very few people are getting rich off of paintball.

At the level of the small local field owner or shop owner, there isn't much money. Trust me. Their profit margin is pretty damn slim. They make most of their money on paint, and just with competition from the internet, they usually don't do that well.

As with anything, there are a million exceptions to the rule, but paintball simply isn't a big enough market in a lot of places to support much business.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Stoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Random info; Paul Ciesun is the son of Dave Ciesun who runs Realms of Ruin in Illinois on the original Challenge Park site. Nice people and they really care about the game.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
This sounds like a really innovative product. I'm excited to shoot some of this when it comes out.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hmm, this corn based shell seems familiar, I remember there was a type of shell that seemed dull, or almost rough in texture, but never had swelling problems, or anything else. I like that stuff WAY better than the shiny, and then all of a sudden, I couldn't get it anymore.. That was when I stopped buying my paint at the proshop, because the more expensive paint was the same as the walkmart stuff then. I kept asking what happened to the other stuff, and everyone gave me a blank look at the proshop, like they had no idea what I was referring to..
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
sounds good, I'd be willing to try it out if its actually as good as he's talked it up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #39 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
Random info; Paul Ciesun is the son of Dave Ciesun who runs Realms of Ruin in Illinois on the original Challenge Park site. Nice people and they really care about the game.
Interesting, I wondered why they would be doing a big unveiling there on the 23/24 of October, I don't suppose they will come over to Sherwood the week before

The MSDS is here it gives the density as 1.0 - 1.1 g/mL I found a figure of 1.2 g/ml for current balls, a msall difference
I also remember those dull shelled marbs, and some evil I shot one day, even from a 98C the chrono variance was only 1 FPS and they were so conistent I could hit a man sized target at extreme range in 3 shots or less.

Last edited by Beest; 09-24-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: bad math
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kyote

Yes, the white "e" with hot pink fill Evil was matte finish. And I sem to recall some brown/green big ball that was similar texture.
Stuff for Sale and Trade!
Kyote is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone