mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Went pballin the other day

I know sounds crazy but I did.... Anyways, I started out usin my Karnivor, which is one of my favorite guns, and I just couldn't seem to enjoy shooting an electro. I brought my mech cocker like I always do and switched to it and I felt wayyyyyy more comfortable using it then the Karni. Now if I was playin speedball I'm sure I would have felt more comfy using it, but I was playing more urban/sage brush ball so it just didn't feel right. Does anyone else just feel better using a mech? I know you guys do I just wanna hear it to make sure I'm not crazy.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
I know sounds crazy but I did.... Anyways, I started out usin my Karnivor, which is one of my favorite guns, and I just couldn't seem to enjoy shooting an electro. I brought my mech cocker like I always do and switched to it and I felt wayyyyyy more comfortable using it then the Karni. Now if I was playin speedball I'm sure I would have felt more comfy using it, but I was playing more urban/sage brush ball so it just didn't feel right. Does anyone else just feel better using a mech? I know you guys do I just wanna hear it to make sure I'm not crazy.
No, you are crazy!

What's an electro?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I always wind up pulling out my Mag. It's what I started with and it will always feel like "home" to me.
pullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
post deleting ghost attak

CCM Fan
Electro is the way to go!
duff muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Well an electro is a.... Well nevermind....
Yeah the Mech just felt way more comfy
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Paintball Fairy

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
No, you are crazy!

What's an electro?
Those are the things that just rot in your closet! :P
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am completely spoiled by eyes and mouse click triggers. I don't even have a working mech in my collection right this moment...I have a cocker I could convert back in about 15 mins or so, but won't.
I just change hopper between a revi and a 'loaderB according to how I am going to play that day.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
I am completely spoiled by eyes and mouse click triggers. I don't even have a working mech in my collection right this moment...I have a cocker I could convert back in about 15 mins or so, but won't.
I just change hopper between a revi and a 'loaderB according to how I am going to play that day.
not too worried about the trigger, but the eyes definitely make a gun feel more reliable.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I have the trigger on my PPS Stroker set up nice and tight, and can bang away on it and lay all the paint I need. I feel awkward with mouse click triggers. I like to feel like I'm putting a bit of effort into unleasing my goopy torment. Other guns don't feel as 'right' to me.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

it certainly is going to depend on the playing conditions, and the people you are playing against. I think you're absolutely right, sometimes a certain type of marker may be a bit "overkill". When you show up to a field, and you're known as the "serious guy with the nice gun", that's a good indication that the people you are playing against are probably a bit lower on the skill level, and there is no need to be shooting 15bps full auto.

A couple fields around here are known for having players that shoot more mech guns, and players with a lower skill set. Orbital Paintball is one of those, and I usually bring out the mechanical guns that I'm testing, or 50 cal, when I'm playing against players like that.

But I think you are absolutely right, depending on the field and the players you are facing, shooting a fancier gun sometimes feels like overkill. It's not much fun when you can end the games in 20 seconds and overwhelm everyone you play against.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone