mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   PUMP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/154461-pump.html)

UnrealworldPB 03-13-2011 09:21 PM

PUMP

Playing pump for the first time tomorrow at a "Scenario" field. Tour the Field | Sgt. Splatter’s Project Paintball
I've played at the field 20+ times so I know it really well.
Is there anything I should know about pump? How should I play really aggressive front or semi agressive mid? I'm using at Trilogy pump, 48/3000 and 50 round hopper.

PAINTBALL GUY 3 03-13-2011 09:27 PM

The way I play is just get as far up front as possable, pull a few matrix moves, and win.:p But really, just be sure to "AIM YOUR SHOTS" and have fun. So with that, have fun.:D

ApoC_101 03-13-2011 09:43 PM

always best to get close... your noise and shooting profile is lower with a pump so you're less of a target (until they catch on that you've been shooting em up real good every game, and decide to target you first :p)

Cyrus-the-virus 03-13-2011 09:43 PM

Get up front. You can't keep anybody's head down with volume of fire and the closer you are the more likely you are to make a hit. Get up front, balls to the wall. Just make sure you aim.

Zondo 03-13-2011 09:48 PM

I find that I move around a lot more playing pump. If you are going up against semi's, you have to make your first shot count.

PB Weasel 03-13-2011 09:53 PM

Also one word that will help you big time since you know the feild, it should be good and easy for you . . . . . FLANK them! They never expect that one crazed pump guy to be shooting them from 30' off their back right flank.

duff muffin 03-13-2011 10:04 PM

I want to play on a Monday! Good luck man, you're going to need learn what works for you... the hard way...

LilShank 03-13-2011 10:14 PM

That's really what it is, you gotta find what works for you. I haven't played on a larger field yet, but pretty much what everyone else has said, get up to the front, get there quick, and move a lot. Most players are content to take up a spot and sit in it, that makes them easy targets. Just watch to see when they go into cover, and move. Stealth is a key (and fun) part about playing pump, you can move faster, and often more silently, than other players.

Disco 03-13-2011 10:45 PM

Get up on the second level against the back wall, snipe people through the windows!! ....dont fall down the stairs.

gunman_2000 03-13-2011 10:58 PM

snap shooting...once you get the hang of it, you'll find your average semi player likes to hang out waiting for you to pop out and lay a string on you. Once you are used to it, snapping will become your main weapon. Out, shoot, back in...if you do it right, once you pop back out you'll see them walking off.

The trick is to get them to post on you, good players will know not to sit there waiting for you with their gun up, but most of the time its a habit they get into. After that, its all about keying into their location. Practice practice practice, eventually your body will know where to point the gun and you don't have to work as hard at it.

Otherwise, sneaky is good, but since its your first time, you'll get shot out a bit more perhaps, but those eliminations you get feel SO worth it. Its just the sense of accomplishment that you did more with less.