mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Limited paint FTW

Brass N Wood Fan
I've got a video I've been meaning to upload regarding this. My Tac 8 was having attitude issues in a game last year (worked fine chronoing, but stopped working once the game started). I actually had to bang on stuff to get the other teams attention. They had HORRIBLE tunnel vision as they were shooting at my teamate; probably could have almost barrel tagged them actually.

Now that I think about it, I played about 1/4 of a scenario game with a non-functioning gun last year (that's what I get for picking up an electro). Made a bunch of suicide charges/crazy runs, distracted the enemy, pointed out positions to my teamates, and actually got one barrel tag.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

It's fun dry firing with C02. I remember doing the machine gun move on my Pro Lite back in 03. It hurt like hell. Basically, you held your left thumb up and placed it 2/3rds of the way before the marker cocked. The cocking knob would hit your thumb and fire repeatedly as long as your thumb held up. People did freak out seeing all that cloud of smoke. I did chop paint as well.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Playing on even when you have issues, at times, can be more fun than playing with no issues at all. A short while ago I was playing in the caves at Jaegers and one of my teammates ran out of paint. I was playing with my pump and was having issues moving up. He got behind the bunker I was at and told me he was out of paint and wanted to know what to do. I told him to bluff it and lay down cover fire for me so I could advance. He gives me this strange look and I tell him to get out there and do what I said. So he pulls a "Rambo" and just jumps out and is firing away. Effectively this allowed me to move up but this ended up drawing the opponents attention long enough for another player to sneak up on them and shoot them out. After that game he told me that was the most fun he had ever had.

I don't think this would have worked on an outdoor game because in the caves you really cannot see where your paint is going. Still, it proved that he could still be part of the team and allow us to win.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
I am a parts whore!

Send a message via Skype™ to spudman

CCM Fan
I finally played airball for the first time last month and to my utter frustration I kept ran out of air! Of course i had plenty of paint mind you. I stayed in to be disttracting and well waiving at a lotta people... I always geta a nice long pause outta em when they see me waiving!

One game in particular was mostly rentals and newer players and I was at the left fifty dorito across form a kid in the back when i ran outta air. He kept exposing his side to me as somebody would paint his bunker so after the third time of me not being able to shoot him i couldnt take the torture anymoren and yelled "Bang bang bang!" at the top of my lungs to see him fly back behind his bunker then gignerly pokes his head out looking around like, "WTF was that?"
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubs View Post
It's one of those stupid tourney rules they have to state. Like no wiping.

The rule was used to stop the prevalence of equipment developed and designed to be dropped or left behind. Like pod footballs.

Anyway... I'm at least as dangerous when my gun goes down, or I run out of ammo. I start barrel tagging or go for flag pulls. Or get near another player and give them an extra set of eyes... Way more effective than one player by himself, with no more risk to the shooting player.

And when it comes to airball, players can't even think straight when they know someone's managed to get behind them, and it's just a matter of time before he gets his gun working again, or finds and cleans a nice ball off the ground.

Being disabled is just another way to play. It's another area to build your skills in, for sure. And what's nice is that "I'm moot" understanding, where you know that the only direction you can go is up.

I hate it when players call themselves out when their gun goes down. Especially when they're around me. And I seriously lose respect for players that do that.

Last edited by alpha434; 04-02-2011 at 08:07 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i've ran out of air before and ran up the feild making gun noises just to be a decoy ended up surrending a player

Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/57869-diablos-feedback.html
diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
The rule was used to stop the prevalence of equipment developed and designed to be dropped or left behind. Like pod footballs.
Care to elaborate on that a little more for us back-woods players who weren't around gear more advanced than Tippmann gear for most of our paintball days?
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Care to elaborate on that a little more for us back-woods players who weren't around gear more advanced than Tippmann gear for most of our paintball days?

Like pod footballs.

alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Like pod footballs.

I see you're a helpful one. You don't work in tech support by any chance, do you?
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
hammerslammer

My son won a "bang the barrel" (hit the 55 gal drum loud enough to hear it) yesterday after running out of CO2, and making a run for the barrel. It worked quite well indeed.
HClark is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone