mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
marker for co2

I'm looking around and trying to decide on a marker for co2 use only since the new field thats going up near home will be co2 only for the first bit. Reason i dont want to go with an a5 or anything is because quite a few speedball players seem to be planning on coming down from further north where they can get hpa fills on the way here, and plan on using their egos and such.

I plan on using my phantom 90% of the time but but just incase i need a bit faster gun, whats a good ep marker out there that can handle co2, and is on the low end of the price? I think i read the vibe or sp1 was good for co2, but im not sure, and i really want to keep clear of blowbacks.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most guns can run CO2 just fine as long as you have a regulator that handles CO2 well, and use either a remote or an antisiphon. I've used an Angel A4 Fly, an Etek, and various members of the Ion family on CO2 without a hitch.

I'd go with something in the Ion family personally. The stock SP regulator is very consistent and handles CO2 very well. The guns themselves are very affordable. And there are tons of aftermarket products that change it up in both looks and performance - sometimes to varying degrees of success. Simple to make mechanical as well if you want to ditch batteries but keep a nice light trigger pull.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Lol figures you'd drop in word about mechanical ions, its hard to miss the big "MECH ION MOD" part in your sig.
Though really i have one of the original ions and was looking into picking up your kit.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 07-04-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

No point in not mentioning it, people would then assume that I fail at being subtle so why not just out with it That, and most people's fears with CO2 in an electro are regarding the solenoid getting blown. At least the fears that aren't completely based in myth.

I've never put one in a BOB body, I've just lopped off the back of the body. Tyler_vanvoorthuijse put one in a Vibe body and chopped off the taper on the front of the breech to make it fit.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
well guess i'll be watching your thread closely for when they release lol, now if only i can sell some stuff to have cash to pick one up, wanna trade for a black heart board and firebolt? :P

Old 07-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Which kit are we talking about? I thought you meant closed bolt when you mentioned cutting the back of the body off, but that one has been out for a while. If you mean the mechanical kit, mention trade stuff to Deathwish, he's handling all of that end of that project.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

your really limiting your self throwing out stbb's an Electra would keep up just fine and also be tolerant of co2. As for vibes and sp1 s yes they are capable of using co2 but they are still at risk of getting liquid into the gun at higher rof. and that liquid would be just as deadly to a one of those guns as it is to an ego. if you must run co2 my suggestion is get a double reg system and an anti siphon tube installed in you tank. i used to use this kind of setup for a long time on an impulse back in the day. i ran an anti-siphon tank specifically for that gun to a Max flow to a palmer stabb

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
Which kit are we talking about? I thought you meant closed bolt when you mentioned cutting the back of the body off, but that one has been out for a while. If you mean the mechanical kit, mention trade stuff to Deathwish, he's handling all of that end of that project.
Well at first i thought you were talking about the closed bolt one, then the giant text "mech ion" in your sig distracted me from the smaller one lower on your sig about the closed bolt one.

In reality I'd like to do both of them, but can only really afford the mech kit for now (that is if they can both be installed at the same time)

And really, i guess ive just always avoided blow backs, but the way it looks, a blow-back might be my best bet, might have to find my old spyder (or put it back together at least) if i cant get the mech kit for the ion.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yes, they can both be installed at once.

I don't remember which one, but one of the lower end Ion based guns actually has an overpressure vent in it or the regulator to prevent damage from happening.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

That's the Vibe & SP1.. you can shoot those on CO2 as much as you'd like without issues. There is a video on Youtube showing how it works.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone