mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
dont plan that far ahead

?superbolt efficiency?

Hi everyone, I traded my phantom for a superbolt and it shoots great but i was wondering if there is anything that i could do to get my shot count up?

Edit: by the way this is my first cocker pump so i have very little knowledge of them :P

Last edited by bonsai!!!; 07-27-2011 at 03:08 AM.
bonsai!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

You'll have to search around for cocker efficiency to find it all. There's a bunch.

What is your gas source and are you using an inline regulator?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
dont plan that far ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
You'll have to search around for cocker efficiency to find it all. There's a bunch.

What is your gas source and are you using an inline regulator?
Im using a 48/45 tank and the reg is just one from ccm ( i really have no idea what im talking about when i comes to regs cus ive only shot phantoms)
Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai!!! View Post
Im using a 48/45 tank and the reg is just one from ccm ( i really have no idea what im talking about when i comes to regs cus ive only shot phantoms)
A 45/45 lasts me longer than I care to pump in two high volume games. I haven't really been able to tell what the efficiency is. Do you know what your efficiency is at the moment? Are you running out of air? Re-springing may help if it hasn't been done already.

Mine runs around 340 psi (+/-), but the body and valve have been drilled out and the springs changed out. The valve dwell seems a bit long as a 14" barrel front has about 30 fps over a 10" barrel front. Sometimes I think the valve spring support could use drilling out, as it is a bit narrow.

You might check your bolt o-rings by putting two balls in the open feed neck. Cock and shoot the first and see if the second pops out of the feed neck. When I first tried that, the second ball would jump about four feet up. New bolt o-rings made that about six inches. The original o-rings were metric and too small. Making the barrel fit got rid of all of it.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
dont plan that far ahead

Quote:
A 45/45 lasts me longer than I care to pump in two high volume games. I haven't really been able to tell what the efficiency is. Do you know what your efficiency is at the moment? Are you running out of air? Re-springing may help if it hasn't been done already.

Mine runs around 340 psi (+/-), but the body and valve have been drilled out and the springs changed out. The valve dwell seems a bit long as a 14" barrel front has about 30 fps over a 10" barrel front. Sometimes I think the valve spring support could use drilling out, as it is a bit narrow.

You might check your bolt o-rings by putting two balls in the open feed neck. Cock and shoot the first and see if the second pops out of the feed neck. When I first tried that, the second ball would jump about four feet up. New bolt o-rings made that about six inches. The original o-rings were metric and too small. Making the barrel fit got rid of all of it.
i dont know about the exact amount of shots but i only shot about 50 rounds and i went from around 4000psi down to 3000psi
Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai!!! View Post
i dont know about the exact amount of shots but i only shot about 50 rounds and i went from around 4000psi down to 3000psi
That is no good. My friend was accusing my tank gauge of being broken when it didn't (noticeably) move after a game where he borrowed my whole setup. Was the tank cool for both measurements? That's a pretty big drop, but a fast fill can drop a few hundred psi after it cools down by itself.

The stock superbolt internals looked to me like they were set up for CO2/high pressure air use, in that the springs were tight and the porting was small.

If the tank wasn't fresh off of a fill at 4000, you should just get a spring kit...

Maddman Spring Kits

Your CCM reg is good, and with the springs, you may be able to shift the pressure lower and pick up some efficiency without any other hardware changes. The typical combination (iirc) is the light valve spring and a medium hammer spring. There's lots of good pressure talk in here...

Snipers on 12 grams / on CO2 Discussion
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
dont plan that far ahead

Quote:
That is no good. My friend was accusing my tank gauge of being broken when it didn't (noticeably) move after a game where he borrowed my whole setup. Was the tank cool for both measurements? That's a pretty big drop, but a fast fill can drop a few hundred psi after it cools down by itself.

The stock superbolt internals looked to me like they were set up for CO2/high pressure air use, in that the springs were tight and the porting was small.

If the tank wasn't fresh off of a fill at 4000, you should just get a spring kit...

Maddman Spring Kits

Your CCM reg is good, and with the springs, you may be able to shift the pressure lower and pick up some efficiency without any other hardware changes. The typical combination (iirc) is the light valve spring and a medium hammer spring. There's lots of good pressure talk in here...

Snipers on 12 grams / on CO2 Discussion
kk thanks for the help!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone