mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Janitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Honk

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I think paintball attracts this kind of people a lot of times. Look at the amount of douches we have as a sport on a whole. Some people play because they enjoy it, enjoy the company of other like minded people. And some play to cause as much drama and damage as possible to the otherwise copacetic vibe. Because that's how they get there kicks. I try to stay out of peoples personal BS with each other and if I don't like someone I try to stay away from them. I know this is not always possible but I avoid these people as much as possible. I try to be civil and go on about my business. Having just recently said I'm not playing anything but pump from here on out I find it's easier to avoid drama, as most pump players play for the same reason I do, they like to play and have fun and winning is just a matter of perspective. When you get down to it there is more to paintball than being just a skilled, well geared player. As for public scorn, I find people who act this way generally act this way through out there personal life to, so no need to scorn, they usually just have very few friends anyway.
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Become a gun whore.

Seriously.

It pays very well.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honk View Post
I think paintball attracts this kind of people a lot of times.
agreed. its no one's fault, its the nature of the sport that attracts the types of aggression junkies I think we are talking about. whenever you've got an activity that essentially allows people to inflict pain on others you're going to have lots of D-bags show up because that's how they get off...

Since moving to CO ive started playing more regularly at fields with more people as opposed to my home outlaw field in WI. Im coming around to the conclusion that I just really don't like it as much as outlaw because of the types of people that show up. I will continue to go and rock my pumps but I will be happy to return to a friendlier environment one day.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

What's radio?

some things are stickier than others
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

This is why I prefer to just stick to walk-on...I love rec paintball. Pick up and go, no commitments.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
agreed. its no one's fault, its the nature of the sport that attracts the types of aggression junkies I think we are talking about. whenever you've got an activity that essentially allows people to inflict pain on others you're going to have lots of D-bags show up because that's how they get off...

Since moving to CO ive started playing more regularly at fields with more people as opposed to my home outlaw field in WI. Im coming around to the conclusion that I just really don't like it as much as outlaw because of the types of people that show up. I will continue to go and rock my pumps but I will be happy to return to a friendlier environment one day.
I disagree that this is paintball specific. Ever been in an adult softball league? Ever go to an adult kickball tournament? I've seen grown men bowl over women catchers to break up a throw in a rec-league softball game where their team was already up over 10 runs. If anything, paintball is LESS over the top in my experience than the majority of adult oriented competitive sports since the consumption of alcohol is typically not allowed at the paintball field.

I can count the number of physical altercations I've seen on a paintball field in over 17 years on two hands. I've seen that many altercations in a single season playing softball or basketball.

We all only have a small slice of the paintball experience, and I'd bet we're both wrong on overall prevalence. Think about how counter intuitive it is that more people are hurt bowling each year than paintballing. It would be cool to see some hard data.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

no bull****/drama is nice... had a bit lately but it's probably a good time for it, with the film and all. one of my favorite teammates decided the team wasn't for her, wants to play semi instead of pump, kinda weak... but whatever.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Unforutunately, people are the reason I do not go to play more often. It is unappealing to spend my day with people who feel like talking constant crap and get into fights.

Now, I do not bring drama to my life; I do not go around the field trying to start something. It something simple like telling someone who is out not to coach from the sidelines as it is against the field rules (someone has threatened me because of that). I play pump, and only play recball, but I have found it does not really help with the issue. The only time I really go to public fields anymore are during pump days.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ninja

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
What's radio?
Its that thing in your dash board you plug your ipod into

JF Paintball & Airsoft
Grass Valley, CA
(530) 273-3582
Everything to Get You in the GAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
We don't lower the bar so that everyone can get an A. That's a foolish notion.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSniper13 View Post
I disagree that this is paintball specific. Ever been in an adult softball league? Ever go to an adult kickball tournament? I've seen grown men bowl over women catchers to break up a throw in a rec-league softball game where their team was already up over 10 runs. If anything, paintball is LESS over the top in my experience than the majority of adult oriented competitive sports since the consumption of alcohol is typically not allowed at the paintball field.

I can count the number of physical altercations I've seen on a paintball field in over 17 years on two hands. I've seen that many altercations in a single season playing softball or basketball.

We all only have a small slice of the paintball experience, and I'd bet we're both wrong on overall prevalence. Think about how counter intuitive it is that more people are hurt bowling each year than paintballing. It would be cool to see some hard data.
Oh I certainly didnt mean it was paintball specific, I was gonna throw out football as an example too but I must have forgotten while typing...

I'm also not really talking about people getting injured on the field. I guess the reference that I made to people inflicting pain is just shooting others w/ paintball guns that by their very nature tend to hurt on impact. my point is that there are lots of players out there who get off on that alone, simply b/c they are a-holes.

I too am only doing rec ball myself these days, I'm pretty much done w/ scenarios and I would never join a team.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Janitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Honk

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
A good example is the last PP, I had a blast, I herd and have read on here about other people seeing wiping and playing on, but I don't care, I had fun, and I feel like there were a lot of good honest players out there. If the stuff that was going on at PP was enough to get some people's attention, they need to go check out a 5 man or a bigger scenario and look at the massive amount of cheating, wiping and all other types of ill sht that go on and be thankful that PP is as good as it is. Picking up a pump don't mean the guy behind is not gonna do what he dose at say a 5 man or big game. So playing pump won't fix all your problems but it will help. I don't feel like I have ever played with a finer group than I did at PP considering the size of the game.
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Become a gun whore.

Seriously.

It pays very well.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone