mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nice pic.

Me, I still barrel tag, draw fire, yell out position and whatnot.

Or revert to my tried-and-true diversionary tactic: Running Around Like A Retard (c).

Or a personal favorite, taunt them in the open from the very edge of obvious range. It's surprising how many people you can get to sneak into the back door of a fort when you're doing the robot in the front yard.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have never walked off the field if I ran out of paint/air during a game. That is one of the most wasteful thing a Live player could do. You could always camp in the back and yell out positions and such.

At the same time, I don't make it a habit of running out of paint/air during a game, especially since it's usually some kind of speedball and whatnot, there is no reason as to run out in the first place.

Longer games might be different but I've always carried a side arm (pgp2k1) on me on the field so if it came right down to it, I will charge at their position and get eliminated usually but sometimes I can take one or two of them with me by fire or "surrender rules" and alert my team as to where they are.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
I play the rabbit, I start acting obvious ( like I'm not obvious in a hawaiian shirt) and take some "risks" hopefully it distracts the other team so some one on mine can move up . I never go out.

Tug
I tend to do this as well. Or I act as the point man to help move my team forward.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Never leave the field if you are around of air/paint... When the game is on the line or you are in the thick of battle.

If the game just started, or your out of range, or just not defending a needed spot, then go ahead and walk off.

But if you are out of paint... ASK for some. People will give up paint easily especially if you can assist them at task at hand.

If you are defending a spot, just being a body that they other team sees will slow them down as they try to figure out how to also get around you. Even if you don't shoot, they don't know. You could just be one of those timid guys waiting to fire when they get closer.

Out of air? Especially when defending, don't leave. You can not only act as a decoy, or extra body for the other team to worry about, but also as a spotter (extra pair of eyes) for your team. Even then, you should at least have one good shot left for close quarters. Don't dry fire. Save any and all air that you might have left, and wait for that one shot that could make the difference in the game.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

It always makes me chuckle when I hear the Tippmann burrrrrrrrp when I'm on the field. Don't care if its my team or whatever. Its like waving a flag saying TARGET

Me I walk off if its air, and do the same as others when its paint. Just become a sponge/target/decoy
Most of the time though I don't run out of paint before I am hit...I'm kind of a big target anyway.
Mobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
That picture is AWESOME! We joke all the time about paintball knives. Thanks for making the dream a reality.

I usually sit tight. Someone is always bound to get out from my team soon....just swipe some air or paint and away I go.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
be a meatshield, decoy

I do this all the time - I did it for Kindred at Castle.

then I shot him.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
WGP whore

Meatshield decoy!! I agree. I also like to squeegee tag people.

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've never thought much about it either way. I've done both walked off and stayed to just be there while calling out spots. I guess it depends on if I'm in with a group or on my own. If I'm on my own and ran out then I tended to walk off.

But after doing it the last time I was thinking "what a waste! I should have stayed and at least kept them occupied." So no more walking off for me.

Good thread topic. Us newbies can gain a lot from it.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
It always makes me chuckle when I hear the Tippmann burrrrrrrrp when I'm on the field. Don't care if its my team or whatever. Its like waving a flag saying TARGET

Me I walk off if its air, and do the same as others when its paint. Just become a sponge/target/decoy
Most of the time though I don't run out of paint before I am hit...I'm kind of a big target anyway.
Careful when you hear that burrrrrrrrp, it might be a guy like me that does that on purpose to ATTRACT targets.

Myself, I'll sit there and be just obvious enough to let someone think they saw someone there. Makes them hold up their attack for a few. And when they get closer, I'll pull a side arm for some "oops, he's still there" action.

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone