mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I will say I use zipper closure mag pouches and I was glad to see these still fit.
Rob
If the standard mag is a tight fit, then you might have some problems with one of those tool-less 12g pushers installed. It lengthens the mag, for pouch purposes by an inch or possibly slightly more and having a new snag point at the bottom of the mag might cause problems as well.

I will simply keep an allen key in my pocket (while using the Tib) until a better design for moving the 12g is released for sale. No-one bugs people about taking tools on the field so much anymore, at least in my experience.

Good ideas on the Tib. Let's organize a volunteer think tank and brainstorm a new gun!

That would be kinda fun.

We could call it..... "The Homer"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

drum, like I said, I just like being difficult.
Right now I have four mags in total, and the most I've used in a game was three (and that was in a game where I ejected a full magazine by accident into a pile of sand... and then steped on it...)

My only real dislike about the gun is that I can't use a small tank and still use the mags. The only way to use a tank is to also use the hopper addapter (and personally I don't see why anyone would buy a tiberius and want to use a hopper with it). If I could get something like a back bottle ASA and still use the clips to feed the paint, that would be perfect.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Pistol Wraith Send a message via MSN to Pistol Wraith

It would be nice to have a 24rd mag for the T9 in rifle set up, but I think the 8rd mags are just fine for the pistol.

PS: for the 24rd mag, if it could be a drum it would be a good size on the rifle.
Pistol Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
They should make it belt-fed....

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Old but still dangerous!

Missed the point ppl

Ok I said a quick release/load system not just a screw with a stick on it, I use a short T-allen key now and it is better than the UGMS lil stick on the magazine deal. I am thinking of a lever type mechanism. Second I said longer mag....to 10 rounds would only add the length of the 2 balls so chill on the whole length being too long whining. I thought it would be nice to get 10 round clips as I tend to only get about 16 - 20 shots out of a 12 gram if I can screw the CO2 in fast enough (280-300fps). I like the style of a glock with the extended magazine, so it isn't your cup of tea SO WHAT I wasn't asking if you liked a longer clip or wanted one, I am asking if there IS such a thing or plan for say a 20 round clip just for fun and good times.

OT- can you run the hopper adapter using the clips for an air source rather than running constant air? Has anyone done this?

http://www.edmontonpaintball.com/for...-fan-club.html
SnowDawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Ease up there, big dawgy, no-one is flaming you or your question.

Relax... take what you want and leave the rest. No sweat.

D.

Quote:
I still don't get that.

Last edited by Drum; 06-25-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

We don't mean to be snippy Snow Dawgy, but a simple "No, there isn't" wouldn't be any more fun to read than it would be to write.

Please forgive our opinionating (My new word!)and don't consider it a condemnation. If we weren't a bunch of individualist weirdos, we wouldn't be here on MCB!

To a lot of the guys here it does seem long, it's already longer than most other pistols even with no mag in:

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but remember some folks on here have been running around with shorter for 20 years or more.

I saw a friend of mine trying out a halo on his with 12ies for air and it smoothly performed.

Further thought, it just occurred to me that a matte black 15 round spring feed from palmer would look nice on the side of a T9 and improve the profile-Then use 12ies with that!!!
Though in talking to the Tiberius guys at their tent this last weekend the new Qloader adapter that will soon be out seems like it will be TIGHT! My understanding is that there won't be any tubing with the receiver part of the Q going right into the side plate and the loader running along the side to the front, that'll be nice too.

I've also thought of stealing the tank-in stock from a RAP4 gun and putting it on the T9 instead. I hate filling those little 45 gram jobbers though, if nothing else I'll make an angled ASA for a 13ci or 22ci that lets me backbottle.

My personal fear is that I'll pay all that money, then take it apart into a pistol and never put it back together again. The T9 pistol is, if nothing else, better in the rain, IMO, than the T8s with all their openings at the top.

I still must have one!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Personally I'd love to see a 10 round clip on the TAC8's. Makes more since to me to able to fire 2 full 10 round clips (20 rounds) off of a 12 gram at a healthy velocity than to try and get 3 full clips off of 3, 8 round clips, the last few shots hardly making it out of the barrel.

Makes more sense from a reloading direction to me.

And SnowPuppy don't get angry...shooting JimmyKaboots for his 'bonus balls' that we all still owe him will make you feel better
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
Old but still dangerous!

Wuff Wuff I tell you WUFF!

http://www.edmontonpaintball.com/for...-fan-club.html
SnowDawgy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone