mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #1051 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Teaser from Western Wars at EMR, 6/29/13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPG3yZF5mo

Full video coming...eventually.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #1052 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUeNVCzBNI
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #1053 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Operation Overlord 2013

First the big video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAx4amTNFOY

Then the merci scene.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTi6ndZnBYY
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1054 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

That mercy was kinda a d-bag move. The guy who got bunkered made no move to pull up on the guy who gave him the mercy option until a relatively long time after, all the while making no effort to clearly 'not accept' the mercy until AFTER the guy looked away. He just sat there looking neutral until an opportunity arose to shoot the guy who got the best of him.

The only way to counter act that is to preemptively be the d-bag first and shoot point blank with no options. ever.

As to "they were both experienced paintball players" as the explanation, well, so are tourny players who wear absorb jerseys and wipe every shot they can.

As to the main vid, i like the improvised 'landing craft'...
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #1055 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Did you watch the bloopers at the end....kind of funny with the landing craft. It made for a intense start.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #1056 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
That mercy was kinda a d-bag move. The guy who got bunkered made no move to pull up on the guy who gave him the mercy option until a relatively long time after, all the while making no effort to clearly 'not accept' the mercy until AFTER the guy looked away. He just sat there looking neutral until an opportunity arose to shoot the guy who got the best of him.

The only way to counter act that is to preemptively be the d-bag first and shoot point blank with no options. ever.

As to "they were both experienced paintball players" as the explanation, well, so are tourny players who wear absorb jerseys and wipe every shot they can.

I agree. Mohawk guy was owned and needed to get off the field. It's stuff like this that irks me. Had the red guy shot him at that range he probably woulda been all pissy.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Manning; 07-07-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1057 (permalink)

Red guy forgot the golden rules of mercy on experienced players.
Call it!
Give the victim 1 to 1.5 seconds to accept!
Shoot them if their hand doesn't go up in that time.

Remember to adjust your wait time for renters and newer players.

SZ

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #1058 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:

I disagree. Shooting without giving a mercy option first doesn't make you a poor sport, unless the rules call for it. There was no such rule, both players are experienced in an intense firefight. If I was the guy I would have just shot the guy 1-2 times and thought nothing about it. Just aim for a less sensitive spot and no harm done. Now if you lit the person up then yeah that uncalled for or shot him in the back of the head.

The guy who shot back was clearly within the rules and never gave any indication of being out or giving up. How is that being a jerk player? The other guy should have just shot him when he did not get an immediate response.

I've surrendered people, been surrendered, been turned on and turned on people. Depending on your field rules you have options. Neither one makes you dirty player. A couple of weeks a go a guy using one of the Bow guns flanked me and two other guys on our team. When I looked back and noticed him approaching he tried to get us to surrender. He was at least 30ft away (surrender rule was 20 or less, mandatory surrender rule), with the bow drawn on me. I looked at him didn't give any indication other than to level my gun at him and tell the other two guys what was up so if I did get shot they would have a chance. Basically he was bluffing us with a one shot gun outside of the surrender range. We ended up returning fire and chased the guy around for a little while because he wouldn't call out after being hit at least 4 times. I don't think we are dirty players for not surrendering us. Yes he had the drop on us but he should have either been closer or just shot me as soon as I noticed him.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #1059 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
To me the mohawk guy just sat there making no effort to do anything until the other guy's guard was down. I wasn't at this game and don't know the rules there. It's always the guys that don't accept a surrender that get pissed when they get whacked from 10 feet away. Maybe this guy is different, but its poor sportsmanship at least.

Your example of the bow guy is different. He was too far away and couldn't take all of you. I've surrendered guys and gals, and also smoked two girls that refused it. I hit one in the goggles and the other on the top of the head which led her to cry and almost got me into a brawl with her boyfriend. Luckily they were all co-workers so it was resolved but she tried to swing and shoot me when I was 10 feet from her and offering a surrender.

In short, close ranges lead to painful shots which is why we even have surrender rules. This guy's behavior leads to overshooting when bunkering which in turn leads to bad things in my opinion. He got out maneuvered and should have walked off the field and instead pulled a sucker-punch shot on the other guy. Weak. Maybe I'm just old fashioned...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #1060 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
To me the mohawk guy just sat there making no effort to do anything until the other guy's guard was down.
Mohawk guy's lack of effort to do anything is in itself a refusal to surrender, and he should have been shot long before he ever had a chance to turn and fire. Red guy dropped the ball, left a loose end, and got eliminated because of it.

SZ.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone