mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Original Swat . 9inch zip ups. Best boot made. They sponsored my team
for years. I play 20-30 days a year and get a easy 3years out of a pair of boots. They are light as sneakers , comfortable, easy to put on with with good support and traction.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've had great luck with the Dunham Clouds. Its a boot, but it feels like you're wearing sneakers. They are very waterproof, a lot of my field is a swamp and the only time my feet have gotten wet is when I stepped in a stream. They're also light but provide good support. I've got wide feet too. Ive been wearing them for about a year and they show almost no signs of wear.

Dunham 6630 Men's Casual/Dress Shoes | MCR6630G | shopnewbalance.com
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

I have a pair of Bates 8" Tactical Sport side zips I have been abusing for the last two and a half years. I wear them everyday for chores and errands. They are also the same boots I wear when out at the paintball field whether I am playing, reffing, or running the pro-shop when the owner is out of town. About a month ago a couple of the seams started to come loose, but they are still holding together strong. The only time they saw a coat of shoe polish was when I couldn't find my good boots last month. (Coincidentally that is when I noticed the seems were coming loose.) I expect to get another six months out of them and hope to get another year out of them. When it comes time to replace them I plan to buy another identical pair.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Men's Merrell Moab Mid GORE-TEX® XCR® Wide Width Hiking Boots - Merrell.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Pin-Up on the Interwebs

I wear New Balance All-Terrain womens' running shoes, works most of the time (except in swampy areas )
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...5709&tabid=548

I wear these for speed ball and woods ball... grippy, light and supportive
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Strange as it sounds I spent half of last season playing barefoot. I use trail running shoes otherwise; very light, dry quickly, and removable cleats for the airball fields.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Converse tactical boot.

I play scenario/woods ball, and don't run all that fast anyway. These are lightweight, comfortable, with plenty of traction and support. Side zipper for easy on/off. They are little pricey at about $100, but I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for when you buy footwear.

My only complaint, be it ever so minor, is that the tread tracks mud really well. These aren't allowed in the house anymore...
Old 02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
No ankle support, but I think that Vibram Five Fingers are great. They are about all that I wear now. I have some that have a smooth sole for normal day to day stuff, and some with more traditional boot like soles (Traditional for Vibram designed stuff), that I wear for paintball.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Altama Exospeed boots were comfy as hell, and extremely light, but they fell apart quick... I'm talking, 3-4 scenario games and your $100+ pair of boots had part of the sole flapping off the heel... I've seen they've released an Exospeed 2 which may be better as far as durability goes. If they are, would totally be worth the price.

I've worn a pair of $40 Brahmas that I got at Wally-World for about 3 years now- sadly, the exact model I have appears to have been discontinued. The leather on the toe is worn to all hell and they are still the most waterproof boots I've ever worn. I can easily walk through 6-8 inches of water and as long as the tops of the ankles don't go under my feet stay dry. Sadly though, they are heavy and clunky and not incredibly comfortable, though they're not bad with some Dr. Scholl's inserts.

My team captain and several friends wear the UnderArmour "Speedfreak" boots, and they rave about them all the time for being light and comfortable. I'm debating between them and a couple other types of trail-running shoe at the moment.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone