mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #271 (permalink)
It's all good
 
Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gatineau, Qc

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
What digital gauge?
That particuliar Carmatech beta tester is a fellow teammate and good friend of mine. The digital gauge used is a TechT Optimus gauge.

As for Jigaloo, it's a Canadian product, and works EXTREMELY well with barrels. A few sprays inside the barrels, then give it a good wipe with a thick barrel swab. The inside will have a nice glossy sheen that will make paintball glide due to the decreased friction
__________________
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #272 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
tangus999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cleveland ohio

thats what i thought.
thanks for the confirmation.
__________________
my mcb feedback
tangus999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #273 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
That particuliar Carmatech beta tester is a fellow teammate and good friend of mine. The digital gauge used is a TechT Optimus gauge.

As for Jigaloo, it's a Canadian product, and works EXTREMELY well with barrels. A few sprays inside the barrels, then give it a good wipe with a thick barrel swab. The inside will have a nice glossy sheen that will make paintball glide due to the decreased friction
how does it fair with dusty n dirty environments?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #274 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!
 
DSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lubbock TX
Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
Ive read threads about ppl using Rain-x as well.
You guys just made me feel old, I still rain-x and wax my barrels. When in a pinch a quick spray of PAM works wonders.

__________________


My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #275 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig
 
The Flounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
You guys just made me feel old, I still rain-x and wax my barrels. When in a pinch a quick spray of PAM works wonders.

Dry graphite in a ziplock. Shake up the bag with First Strikes and you are good to go. You will need to wash your hands before you try to eat lunch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
Year-dead post, I invoke my powers of thread-necromancy and command you to rise... RISE!
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #276 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech
 
ApoC_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC

Graphite? Why not Moly instead?
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #277 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Coatings aren't necessarily a good idea- the shells of FS rounds can cause minor cuts and scratches and for some folks that's bad enough, not to mention graphite, moly, or silicone-based lube getting embedded in the skin.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #278 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig
 
The Flounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Coatings aren't necessarily a good idea- the shells of FS rounds can cause minor cuts and scratches and for some folks that's bad enough, not to mention graphite, moly, or silicone-based lube getting embedded in the skin.
That is an excellent point I had not considered. Time to cease that practice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
Year-dead post, I invoke my powers of thread-necromancy and command you to rise... RISE!
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #279 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
That is an excellent point I had not considered. Time to cease that practice.
I'm personally not too worried about it- I keep myself 90+% covered in clothing anyways. I also wouldn't worry if the lube was safe for consumption.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #280 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
PropperJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno Nv

CCM Fan
002.jpg

I get to wait till August 10th to see how this works in a game. Will be a first strike dedicated marker.
PropperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC