mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Run with siccors!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darth

I have been playing at the same field for 6 years, I have only be bonusballed one time and I was asking for it and the person doing it was a spoiled kid and was promptly asked to leave. I love where I play and I leave the field on saturday looking forward to play the next day (yes I play 2 times a week) I think it may just be the environment or the general lack of need to 'get back' at people where I play. We are a good sized field and we do have 2 teams we sponsor and they are never bad at all on the field. Not trying to brag but I guess it is just agreeing with the OP I play with whatever someone hands me from ego to tippmann to my own goofy pump ion. I just enjoy the play.

2011 D-Day Allied CEF CanScot
2012 D-Day Allied CEF Baker Coy.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
I have been playing at the same field for 6 years, I have only be bonusballed one time and I was asking for it and the person doing it was a spoiled kid and was promptly asked to leave. I love where I play and I leave the field on saturday looking forward to play the next day (yes I play 2 times a week) I think it may just be the environment or the general lack of need to 'get back' at people where I play. We are a good sized field and we do have 2 teams we sponsor and they are never bad at all on the field. Not trying to brag but I guess it is just agreeing with the OP I play with whatever someone hands me from ego to tippmann to my own goofy pump ion. I just enjoy the play.
I don't understand... between real life and whoreing markers I thought you were only supposed to play once a year =P
Dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eric

Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

I was driven from my home field due to poor attitude, overshooting, and other douchebagary from all ages. I have found a good group to play with now but it is quite a bit away from me. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience. We teenagers are not all bad
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
And then there's the teenagers at my field who thing you're a dumbass who doesn't know anything if your gun doesn't have a battery in the grip or if you aren't wearing something with DYE or HK Army printed on the side....

Thankfully they play Sundays and I play Fridays, so I don't have to deal with them.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

it is sad to say that human nature is such that eventually you run across such things.

It is hopefull to say - that often as not you run across the good stuff too =)

though I will put forward that sometimes we judge too soon as well. I remember one day when a team refused to be broken up because they get frustrated trying to work with folks they dont know. I felt sure there was a beating about to come to the rentals. But, as the day progressed what I saw was - sure some games were lost - others won - not a single time was a rental overshot and in many cases I saw shooters chasing a few around then hang out to be shot on purpose.

I saw some of their guys step aside with newer players and talk to them about gear and how to work bunkers.

I saw one of them make a solid bunker move and instead of shooting the guy just tap his shoulder and say hey bro yer gone.

Those fine folk inspire me whenever I think of them.

/salute

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Shoots First

The only real problems I've ever had at a field were with older "hard core" mil-simmers.

You can usually tell an annoying kid to tone it down and they'll (eventually) do it or leave when they become aware that the group considers what they're doing is unacceptable. Peer pressure is great.

30-somethings "reliving" their glory days as Army Rangers or Navy Seals (because they all were), on the other hand, always seem to want to fight you when you tell them that they can't go 50' out of bounds to flank the other team then run back in bounds spraying paint on FA while ignoring hits as "flesh wounds".

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthirst View Post
30-somethings "reliving" their glory days as Army Rangers or Navy Seals (because they all were), on the other hand, always seem to want to fight you when you tell them that they can't go 50' out of bounds to flank the other team then run back in bounds spraying paint on FA while ignoring hits as "flesh wounds".

I agree 100% there. I actually hate mil-sim with a passion. More often than not, 'Ontario's Biggest, Ontario's Best' is over run with these guys. Especially big games.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I certainly have hope in the youth. We have lots and lots of of teenagers playing at our field that play with honour & integrity. They outnumber the douchebags by a wide margin and best of all, many of them will call a douchebag of their own age out and tell him to tone it down. Many of them own both an electro and a pump. Unlike what heinous suggests, they will most often use diplomacy rather than revenge/teach them a lesson tacticts and it seems to work.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Shoots First

Quote:
I actually hate mil-sim with a passion.
Don't get me wrong - I've got nothing against mil-sim itself, or even most players who play with mil-sim equipment. I've met a lot of people who play with mil-sim equipment who'll tell you that they do it because it looks cool or they like to way the stuff feels... random extra crap on your gun doesn't do much for me, but whatever - to each their own.

These guys are fine and are a boon to the paintball community.

The GI Joe wannabes, though, are a plague.

They're pretty easy to spot, too: they're usually 30-40 and physically unattractive, they drive a ****ty car, they know next to nothing about paintball or tactics, and they play by:

a. sitting in the back contributing nothing (but shouting plenty about "v" formations and flanking maneuvers), or
b. ignoring all the rules of paintball and decimating the other team (I mean, there are no rules in war, amirite?)

Either way, they spend the next 15-30 minutes sitting on their *** either blaming their team's sloppy squad tactics or insertion techniques if they lost or telling everyone about air insertions or amphibious assaults or something if they won while trying to catch their breath.

They will ignore hits because "in a real battle, they could have easily ignored a gut shot because of adrenaline and stayed combat effective" but God help you if you try to do the same or get a bounce... I mean "in real life, bullets don't bounce, and a shot like that would have torn your arm clean off"... he knows because he's seen it happen. Have you ever seen it happen? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN COMBAT WITH UNFRIENDLIES ON ALL SIDES AND YOUR BROTHERS-IN-ARMS DROPPING LIKE FLIES? HAVE YOU?

And don't you dare call them on any of their **** because they will get right in your face and tell you what an ungrateful little prick you are and how you hate America and how lucky you are, to not only have guys like him to protect your sorry *** so you can do **** like play paintball (like he's not), but also because he can't just kick your *** like he wants to because his hands are registered deadly weapons and he'd go to jail.

I'll take little aggletts all day every day over just one of those guys.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bland

See, it's mostly guys like that at the local fields. They cover 90% of the walk-on crowd, unless I'm playing speedball. Occasionally they sneak in there, as well.

I just don't respect Mil-sim in paintball. Just like I don't respect 'snipers' in paintball. To me they're all in the same category, and it drives me insane.

Paintball is an exciting take on tag, not "Lets play Army."
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone