mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Metadyne Industries Havoc II Project (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/194784-metadyne-industries-havoc-ii-project.html)

Saxman 03-07-2012 08:02 AM

Metadyne Industries Havoc II Project

Metadyne Industries is looking for player feedback on the options you would like available on the next production run of the Havoc launcher. We have a few options we think would make the Havoc better but we want to hear what you have to say. Please reply here with your comments and I will compile the results.

As an update - the Havoc is under limited production again (50 launchers) with a completion date of 4/15/2012. I will post more updates here. For the most up to date info on the Havoc stay tuned here or go to our website at Metadyne Industries

BTW the new Thumper is available and if you have the original Thumper there are free upgrades available to repair known issues. Go to our website to get an RMA to make sure your Thumper has the most current upgrades.

Thanks, Dave

Tugboater203 03-07-2012 08:56 PM

I think you'll get more views and feedback in the Dead Zone. LMK if you want the thread moved back to Ask the Experts.

doc Zox 03-07-2012 09:34 PM

It needs a safety button with an oversized flat screw on the small end so that the safety stays in.

It needs only 1 or 2 sizes of common hex bolts, the first model is a pain to tech.

The regulator needs a bevel on the cylinder edge to keep the orings from getting cut.

I would love to see a snap lock & pivot that replicates an m79 action

A ladder sight would be nice

A 2 inch PVC adaptor for the barrel would be good

tangus999 03-08-2012 08:23 AM

Make a shoulder fired bazooka model. I'm paying big bucks. A like realism isn't that much more.
Safety is my biggest pet peeve with mine now.
Using nerfs get the velocity up more. Mine topped out still is 50 fps under field rules. It's like playing with a marker that shoots 220 and everyone else is shooting 290.
Ladder sight with numbers for the cuts. No distances so for difference velocity it still works fine and I can correspond to my own distance chart.
For basooka an *** undermount for 13/3000 parallel to barrel.
A5 shoulder stock attachment option.

Approx price I'll pay are 50 for ladder sight.
150 for bazooka
10 for extra safety that doesn't fall out. In addition to current havoc price.

super_stanchy 03-08-2012 08:30 AM

use a barrel sock....
safeties are lame :P

i would love to see more color options....
like polished silver :D

and a better latch on the break breech, mine doesnt always want to catch when i close it

longer barrel/barrel adapter

tangus999 03-08-2012 08:33 AM

A barre sock won't help if it is in the middle of a game and you trip the trigger while pointing it at your foot
:nocomment

Antlion 03-08-2012 09:45 AM

More prominent safety, maybe an under rail or side rails standard. Doesn't need as much as those special edition ones. Maybe more options on lengths. I don't know go modular. Maybe add some porting? I think most of the new features should take into account whether we're using it as an under-barrel launcher or as a primary. Doc Zox seems to have the best suggestions. The only thing I think all new metadyne launchers should have would be a side ejection like the ST 9 side loading havoc launcher from Spike Tactical. But with a reversible option for lefties.

pillage 03-08-2012 11:45 AM

Less burrs inside when they are delivered. ( Mine like to eat the larger reg o-rings until I replaced them with a Teflon one.)

Brewtt 03-08-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc Zox (Post 2246760)
It needs only 1 or 2 sizes of common hex bolts, the first model is a pain to tech.

THIS is the big one. It is simply infuriating to have to use so many different Allen wrenches to disassemble. One or two is all that are desired.

Yellow5 03-08-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antlion (Post 2247453)
...side ejection like the ST 9 side loading havoc launcher from Spike Tactical...

You tease! That's a flare gun, not a Nerf launcher! ...yet...