mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What is it that you would truly like to see in a T8 VS TiPX review..

I've seen others but none of them are detailed enough.. So thanks to Fb being right around the corner from 1000 likes... I will present this to everyone.. It may also help a few of you lurkers out there that are on the fence? I have a great deal of info to share, but on top of that I also want to provide personal "I couldn't find the answer anywhere else" questions. Ask away if you may..
I may also have my girls G6R to show the Accuracy&Distance comparison.. I should find a pump too..
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shoots First

Weight
Reloading time: guns, mags, and air
Ergonomics
Quality/Durability
Availability and usefulness of upgrades
Consistancy
12 gram efficiency
How the mags treat paint
Maintenance
Trigger pull

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Actually, I think you should avoid "Accuracy and distance" altogether. Those two are pointless. You're talking about shooting a .68 cal paintball at under 300fps.

Stick to the meat and potatoes and do your best to remain unbiased throughout the review. That's the best thing you can do for it.

I would focus on what matters, how it is to play with for the user/beginner. Things like easy of maintenance, reloads, accessories and upgrades like remote lines, etc.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Honestly i would appreciate anyone with your experience with both platforms to write any sort of a reveiw on these markers. You have played with both enough to have a wealth of knowledge on both platforms, and people know this, just write up what you like/dislike about each and it will probably end up a better reveiw than anyone else could write.

Just do what you do man.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Actually, I think you should avoid "Accuracy and distance" altogether. Those two are pointless. You're talking about shooting a .68 cal paintball at under 300fps.

Stick to the meat and potatoes and do your best to remain unbiased throughout the review. That's the best thing you can do for it.

I would focus on what matters, how it is to play with for the user/beginner. Things like easy of maintenance, reloads, accessories and upgrades like remote lines, etc.
I agree. Accuracy/Distance are, within some margin, equal for almost every marker out there. The limiting factor is the paint.

Stick to real things.
Efficiency
Consistency
Reloads
Maintenance
Ergonomics
Etc.

What would be cool to see is side by side comparison of firing multiple magazines through each. Showing magazine changes, CO2 changes, and reloading magazines from tubes. Maybe overlay a timer on the video and keep a count of shots fired on the screen as well. Do one drill with one pistol then do the same thing with the other then discuss the results. For example "By time XXX I had fired YYY shots through the T8 but had only fired ZZZ through the TPX because of the delay from the CO2 change. But once I had to change a 12 gram in a T8 magazine, that slowed me down and I caught up with the TPX and eventually surpased the T8." Which is the biggest difference IMO between them. Depending on the number of magazines you have, you can shoot a lot of paint through the T8 before changing a 12 gram, but once you do, it is a slow process and the TPX gains the edge.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

There would be a lot of relevant avenues for discussion points. Accuracy could be one of them, although shot to shot velocity consistency would probably be a good precursor to it. I do subscribe to newtonian physics, but having shot markers like a tippmann model 98 I can identify that there are more variables involved in accuracy than simply saying "a paintball leaves a marker at 300 FPS and then becomes subject to gravity." Anyone who thinks they can reduce accuracy to meager velocity and angle calculations needs to go rent a beater model 98 sometime.

Other relevant talking points would be 12 gram efficiency, ergonomic disputes, and price points. These two are so very similar that choosing between them is tough, and so different at the same time that finding common ground is tough.

I'm on the fence too, thanks to your videos MIDNIGHTANGELZ. I had written off the TPX as junk, more plastic clamshell unregulated trash from the people who destroyed the concept of precision machining, but your vid's got me thinking I want a pair of tpx's. My hangup now is a series of more practical decisions, like "do I want my 12ies in the clip or not", "do I want to run remote or 12ies", and "of the two, what would serve me best". Technical discussions comparing the T8's system of regulators and seals with the TPX's "I cant believe that actually works" dump valve have all but been erased by your gameplay vids showing you rocking both the t8's and the tpx's.

The practical questions can probably be resolved by a well illustrated vid showing the markers being loaded and handled in very similar settings (in combat or at the chrono, or both) showing the markers in your hand for scale, illustrating ease or difficulty of reloading or adjusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

All considered! The Accuracy Distance thing-a-ma-jig will be swift, only because that question arises from everyone that has never had a pistol. So i just want to show that its at the same level as the rest. And from what I know and what it is requested this will be a lengthy video..
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you could use a Virtue Clock to do side by side consistency test?
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have access to one
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

is 12g efficiency really necessary on the t8? aren't they 1 12g per mag regardless? maybe you can discuss whether that's preferable over separate air and paint source of the tipx.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone