mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I wore my KSO Treks in the woods a two weeks ago. Had one stick poke me between the toes, but nothing horrible. Running up some of the steep and slick hills were a bit tricky, I just put my feet on something solid to try and monkey-foot my way up. The tread on those were thick enough the the gravel areas were not too bad. But the areas that were overgrown grass and vines my feet turned into rakes.
Grider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I do wear socks, which may be part of the reason that I don't have the problems that some others seem to have. Injinji makes some of the best toe socks out there.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Asked for a set of these for my birthday with intent to run in them as well as possibly play some games in em. Didn't heed to "ease into it" warning and went out running for a few miles in these on day one, that was 9 days ago, and I'm still feeling occasional pains in my calfs.

That being said, I love the things to death, I just need to work on getting used to them. Planning on trying them out for playing on Sunday, see how it goes!
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by left handed View Post
Really? I found to dislike the laces and removable insole. Causes my foot to slide around in the newer VFFs. I still prefer my KSOs in fit and feel over any barefoot shoe.
After picking up kso's a month ago and wearing nothing else (outside of safety shoes at work), I'm pretty sure the next pair of shoes I buy will have some... ahem, big shoes to fill.

Or maybe small shoes is more appropriate. I have done very little running in them, and even just walking around I can tell they have made my feet stronger and improved my gait.

I'm not sure that any of the other models will offer what makes the kso's so awesome. They're barely there completely unobtrusive footwear.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
Bio

I actually have komodos. They are incredible to play in. Lotsa other vibrams rip easily but mine have had no problem.
Bio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

I picked up some New Balance... Something something's the other weekend.

They're a very light weight trail runner with no drop bettwen the toes and heel and a vibram sole. Haven't had a chance to play in them yet, or do much apart from wear them casually, but I love the way feel and may give them a go this weekend if it's dry.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #57 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
New Balance is making toe shoes now? I was in the local sporting goods store (Hibbetts) the other day looking for a new heavy bag. I noticed they didn't have any Vibrams but the did have some new Adidas toe shoes for running.

They didn't look very comfy, they seemed to "thick" IMO.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
New Balance is making toe shoes now? I was in the local sporting goods store (Hibbetts) the other day looking for a new heavy bag. I noticed they didn't have any Vibrams but the did have some new Adidas toe shoes for running.

They didn't look very comfy, they seemed to "thick" IMO.
Nope, it's a normal shoe shape, but with a Vibram deigned sole apparently. Still very light and flexible, plus I'm able to walk into a pub and not have to explain them. =)

T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I'd love to report how the Spyridons went at paintball but fresh out of university I have been unable to find a job still, and so have not been out yet :| been trying for marketing, advertising, management, etc. type jobs but the hard part is convincing them psychology is useful in business -__- looking for that stuff specifically because I am keeping business school in mind.

In any case, running in both my Komodos and the Spyridons has been great. Still get occasional calf-related strains (often, they are drawn out a bit because I re-aggravate them), like the one on the top of my foot now, but I've never gone out running so often in my life!
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #60 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
Vibram was, and is, a shoe sole manufacturer, so just because a shoe has Vibram on the bottom doesn't mean they are minimalist style.

My Merrill hiking shoes and my ski boots both have Vibram soles.

(There is a debate between me and one of my friends as to who makes a better shoe sole, Vibram or Five Ten)
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone