mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #371 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
If we're destined to just progress faster and harder, why did the PSP back its ROF down to 10 and then 12.5?

Newsflash: sometimes progress isn't a good thing.
"Progress" doesn't necessarily mean INCREASING ROF, it means that their understanding of what works best on a field and for their league PROGRESSED and made them realize the best idea was dropping from 15 to 10 and then to 12.5.

Faster and harder in terms of ROF is not the progression I was speaking of; moreso the progression of technology that some members here seem hell-bent against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
I see you on every single forum, just stirring **** up. Do you actually go to the field on the weekends and play? It seems like all you do is troll on the forums and own a paintball gun.
I play almost every weekend, what about you? I'd play every single weekend if work/wife/friends with ****ty broken down gear wouldn't keep me from it.

If "stirring **** up" means offering my own opinion that you don't agree with, then sure, I stir **** up. That's the beauty of the online world: lots of different opinions from lots of different people. If you can't deal with someone who thinks differently than you, then you should just never leave your house again because you're obviously way too sensitive to deal with the consequences of being disagreed with.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #372 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
You sound like a librarian talking about the internet making books obsolete. It's rather funny, actually.

Newsflash: Things change. Either you change and adapt to the new mentality or you go play outlaw stock class ball in the woods with the other old farts. Vote with your wallet and have fun.
And industries that believe that all change is for the better vanish. The chances of injury when everyone was shooting 100 rounds a day was fairly small. Playing with just safety goggles was commonplace. Every ball in the air increases the chance of injury. Eventually one of those serious injuries is going to get attention and reaction.

Not all change is positive. Your argument ignores that.

Edit: That being said I think it is very possible for all styles of paintball to exist and my injury argument is being disproved every year that goes by without incident. My big concern is making a system that allows everyone playing to know what game they are playing when. Is "shooting ropes" acceptable on a particular rec field or should we be taking it eaiser? Noone really knows. We can argue about which is ok and which is not but if we do not address it in a way that works for the most possible people we are not helping ourselves
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 10-15-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #373 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Not all change is positive. Your argument ignores that.
Perhaps not in your mind, but the overwhelming consensus in the overall paintball community is that high ROF electronic guns are here to stay. That's reality, and it's not going to be changed by a niche group of stock class players bitching on a forum about it.

As I said, if you don't like it then go play outlaw stock class in the woods. Vote with your wallet.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #374 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
That's the beauty of the online world: lots of different opinions from lots of different people. If you can't deal with someone who thinks differently than you, then you should just never leave your house again because you're obviously way too sensitive to deal with the consequences of being disagreed with.
Dude, it's not the disagreement that gets people bent out of shape, it's the way you argue. You are constantly using personal attacks instead of discussing the issue alone.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Dude, it's not the disagreement that gets people bent out of shape, it's the way you argue. You are constantly using personal attacks instead of discussing the issue alone.
I don't think I've attacked anyone personally at all in here. Maybe you guys like to TAKE it personally, but I haven't attacked anyone personally that didn't deserve it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #376 (permalink)
Post Whore

No I think the general Consensus is that high Rof is quickly dieing. The problem is the death rattle the restoof us have to listen to like certain folks on this thread. I'd say based on where I'm sitting pump, stock class, mag fed and other forms of Limited paint games are making a huge comeback.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #377 (permalink)

Very good video. I can tell everyone on MCB; when I lived in maryland, this is why I quit for 2 years.

When I played, about 50% of the scenario players were rich kids who didn't play by the rules *coughspeedballcough* who frequently wiped my hits, and stormed off the field cursing, 40% were new players who would never play again, and 10% were diehard mcarterbrown-type fun players who ran objectives. In 200 player events you had players with 1000$ markers lobbing boxes of paint at 100 ft behind bunkers while nobody attempted objectives.

Lets be frank; there's nothing wrong with high end electro's. It's can be really fun to play speedball, but they don't have any place on the scenario/woodsball field... period. I've had WAY too many people who've I've attempted to get into the game walk off the field due to one bad experience being lit up by a guy carrying an electro. Paint is expensive, and it drives far more people away from the game. Think about it; after spending 50-70$ to play a game of paintball, you have to buy 2-3 more cases of paint at 40-60$ a pop. That's 190$ for one afternoon. If your a 16 year old kid starting out, wouldn't you rather take a road trip to an amusement park, or buy 3 new games for your 360?

Another problem is the semi-automatic rule; it's a joke. A trained high-end electro speedball player with a double trigger can fire nearly the same rate as a player with a low-end e-trigger. Match that with hoppers containing 200+ paintballs, and you have a lot of flying paint.

The solution: All scenario/woodsball games are pump/pistol/mag only. Max hopper size is 30 rounds. Players would be forced to use a lot less lobbing paint, and a lot more tactics and aiming.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #378 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Perhaps not in your mind, but the overwhelming consensus in the overall paintball community is that high ROF electronic guns are here to stay. That's reality, and it's not going to be changed by a niche group of stock class players bitching on a forum about it.

As I said, if you don't like it then go play outlaw stock class in the woods. Vote with your wallet.
How is the overall paintball community that is centered around high ROF doing BTW? Major manufacturers are cutting back, raising prices to offset losses, or going out entirely. Sure the change has happened but that does not mean it was positive. My point stands.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #379 (permalink)
Post Whore

I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #380 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfranswa View Post
Paint is expensive, and it drives far more people away from the game.
Maybe you should talk to Horizon, he seems to think fields can get MORE business by charging $180 for a case of paint.

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone