mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

but... Contra is still fun when you cheat... paintball BLOWS when people cheat, it ruins the game for everyone. cheating + competitive sports/games = the SUCK.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Naw responcibilities always comes down to the individual. I still remember the cheat code for level skipping in aladin for sega genesis and i dont cheat
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
but... Contra is still fun when you cheat... paintball BLOWS when people cheat, it ruins the game for everyone. cheating + competitive sports/games = the SUCK.
When I play paintball now its for fun.

Sometimes people play it with the primary goal being to win.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Honestly i think thats the only way a player can survive indefinitely is to say im not gonna takr any of this seriously anymore
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

(caveat: I didn't watch the whole video, just the two times that were called out by other posters, so my comments are based strictly on that.)

I really don't see a problem with a guy shooting a bunch of paint at a building if he wants to, or have an issue with a player shooting a bunch of paint at a group of people in tree-cover.

Honestly this whole thread smacks of "that's not how I play, so it's obviously not the RIGHT way to play."
Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

The only actual comment i made is that i dont understand that style. Beyond that the only confrontational thing ill say is his style is inefficient and unsustainable over long period
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 09-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ken448

What you guys fail to understand is this is what the field promotes. Example: Tippmann World Challenge is later this month... Sooooo that means every noob, or veteran player can walk on the field and hose the whole place down with paint at any time. Why does this matter? Because a gun that shoots unlimited ramp or RT or Full auto is dangerous in the hands of a noob with a little bit of cash in his pocket to spend on paint. (Just about every Tippmann on the field on that particular day is shooting to its full potential)

Field paint is cheap at HS ranging from $40 a case to $65.

If you think this is excessive, search out chopper run at hell survivors, helicopter, tank whatever. All high fire power, and you cant kill them, only try to pound them into submission or run like hell. If you are in the path, plan on getting over shot.

Now, onto the video posted. Cover fire is an important tool to advance through the field. Building at 2:22 was a flag house. People camp in them to protect the flag. @6:whatever.. Overshooting from 120' away?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

accuracy and effectiveness through volume firepower - I believe that is what folks are being touchy about.

Once paint is in the air - you cannot take it back - if the guy is really super fast hand eye coordination and sees someone shot - even if he stops pulling the trigger at that point - if he was streaming paint theres probably another 10 - 20 balls in flight that a good portion of might hit the already eliminated player.

it is a different skillset - it stems mostly from speedball - but applies to any game type - for some folks it IS fun - for others it is not. The problem is that most open sessions do not seperate the folks who CAN handle the amount of paint in the air and are ok with the result - from those who CANNOT handle the amount of paint in the air and are most certainly not happy with it.

and thats where it goes back to the refs and the owners. providing and enforcing the right happy medium. It also is related to the player in that experienced players should know when to reign in their firepower. Why beat up on some poor inexperienced player? I see no reason to do so other than being a bully.

at the end of the day the game is what WE make of it - and in any game that I am playing - if I see someone clearly beating up on inexperienced folks I will take the time to say something and if needed I can break out one of the few semis I have and demonstrate that while I do not typically play in that manner - it does not mean I cannot play in that manner.

/shrug

I admit I have a problem - I dislike bullies =)

/salute

my mcb feedback
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
That's right, AMAZING.

As it has been pointed out, the fellow was playing fire support in Sin City @ Hell Survivors. If you see that man coming from 100 ft away, and decide 'getting shot sucks, I am out of here....." or "gotta keep my head down" then he is accomplishing his mission, not being a bully.

Try a door to door sweep like that yourself, and tell me you aren't thankful for that kind of player watching your back.

BTW, he is shooting ~12 bps, which is slower than many RT tippies I have seen at HSI.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
This guy reminds me of half of the scenario teams I've encountered, and ALL of the sponsored scenario teams I've encountered...

The guy's a dick. But luckily, he's not very good at paintball.

Last edited by alpha434; 09-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone