mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Stock class in scenario games (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/215714-stock-class-scenario-games.html)

eddiet 10-10-2012 02:47 PM

Stock class in scenario games

So, I've done a fair amount of playing from Tourneys all the way to hardcore scenarios. Each year for Decay of Nations I have pretty much gone down a notch in technology for the past 4 years from an Ego 08 to a PGP. I'm aggressive and fast, like 4.8 40 fast. I'm always at the front usually the first person past the 50 but last year playing stock class I'd still get eliminations but the ratio of players to refs leads to wiping. I'd hit a player and they'd pop up behind a different bush. While still having fun I wonder if it is worth it to play stock class.

Is it worth it to play big games and scenarios with my stock class markers?

I love playing stock class but can't eliminate the blatant wipers.
Is the spirit of stock class worth the hassle of stock class?

So what do you guys think?
How many of you play SC during big games?

Yes, I know it's my choice in the end.Yes, I have a plethora of alternative markers. What do you guys do to overcome the obstacles?

Greenmtnphantom 10-10-2012 02:52 PM

Yes.

I play SC even at West Point where I share the field with 50+bps full auto egos.

For some events I will be lazy and break out a 3.5oz but rarely a semiauto and I have yet to find an OC pump that I like.

As Glenn Palmer said the other day though. "Play the game not the gun." if you know people are cheating and not that they are just getting bounces be respectful and tell the refs so they can keep an eye out, they need your help. If you know that you will need to cover someone else while they move a lot, bring a gun that can handle a higher ROF when needed, and play it like a stock class gun when you aren't covering someone.

Murf425 10-10-2012 02:53 PM

I played a scenario (about 100 vs 100) two weekends ago with my PGP and had an absolute blast. Fortunately, at that particular game, there was a good combination of honorable players and attentive refs, so I never had anyone wipe any of my hits. Of course, about half of them I was so close that they probably called themselves out just from the pain/surprise.

The way I figure it (and the way I went into that game) is this: I going to play the way I enjoy with the equipment I enjoy. If someone wipes, it's his problem. I'll just shoot him again. If I get eliminated, I'll go respawn and do it all over again.

Don't let cheaters determine how you play the game.

ApoC_101 10-10-2012 02:54 PM

I used my Retro at the last big Scenario, I was the front guy for the winning side and fought some of the awesomest gunfights ever with it. gonna use it this weekend at the Tippmann Challenge for sure! Well, as long as I can restock on 12 grams anyways, shouldn't be a problem.

The Flounder 10-10-2012 02:56 PM

Remember it is a game.
Be satisfied that you are so much better at it than they are that they have to cheat to beat you.

Murf425 10-10-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom (Post 2500202)
...bring a gun that can handle a higher ROF when needed, and play it like a stock class gun when you aren't covering someone.

Amen. It felt so good when I picked up an electro (after shooting a PGP for 12 years) to realize that I could still snap shoot, one ball, and move exactly the same as I could before...but with the added benefit of having the ability to lay down a rope when the need arose.

ApoC_101 10-10-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flounder (Post 2500208)
Remember it is a game.
Be satisfied that you are so much better at it than they are that they have to cheat to beat you.

Hey, they can try to cheat us all they like, they'll never beat us. Winning in real paintball isn't about walking off the field without hits, it's about taking as many hits as it takes to play to the very last game and have a blast :thumbup:

The Flounder 10-10-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApoC_101 (Post 2500212)
Hey, they can try to cheat us all they like, they'll never beat us. Winning in real paintball isn't about walking off the field without hits, it's about taking as many hits as it takes to play to the very last game and have a blast :thumbup:

My mistake:

Remember it is a game.
Be satisfied that you are so much better at it than they are that they have to cheat to try to beat you.

Side-Swipe 10-10-2012 03:12 PM

See at the range of engagements in a scenario game I find myself longballing even though im usually at the front line. I absolute hate long balling with a stock class gun and find it counter productive. I rather run open class pump or even a pistol with some first strikes or a semi with a small hopper.

Lohman446 10-10-2012 03:19 PM

Some of the posters on here are apparent paintball gods in that no matter what marker they use they dominate every player on the field. I consider myself pretty good when I have an electro marker and am not at an equipment disadvantage. On a scale of 1-10 I lose at least 3 or 4 points when I play stock class and go from pretty good to "not a liability". As long as I can remember that I can and do have fun playing stock class.

There are times when I simply "have" to be competetive to have fun. At those times I make sure to use competetive equipment.