mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think I'll run two shockers for electros, but as I said, I kinda don't want Spyders/clones, the reason for that is because they're just too common. I could get a couple and do them up as project markers but having owned 14+ of the same marker internally they're rather boring.

The reason I'm opting for CO2 as opposed to HPA is because while yes, I could spend $160 on tanks for markers and then $200 on fill tanks and fill for $7, it's a 2 hour drive to go and get them filled and 2 hours back whereas I can drive 1 mile and spend $70 to rent a CO2 bulk tank and buy the gas inside. So it's $70 that I could spend on my way back from school plus another $60 for all 4 CO2 tanks I'd want or $367 plus the $110 in gas to go with HPA.

As to the other guns situation, basically, my friends suck at teching their markers and therefore they rarely work. It's just going to be 2v2 so that's why I want 4 markers.

It's not like I'm setting up a full on field, I'm setting up a temporary field that I can grab a few friends and be able to play on that a few days or so during the week then take down when I'm not using it. This isn't for anything competitive, I have my local speedball field for that, this is just for fun so I can play with my friends more than the couple of times a year that we find land to play on.

TL;DR: Pick an old or unique electro that can be had for $100 or less that's not a stacked tube blowback, and an old or unique mech that can be had for $70 or less and I have my reasons for not wanting to use HPA.

So far:
Classic Shocker
Empty (If I don't hear anything else I'll go with another shocker)
Mech (Probably a Tippmann to use as a project)
Mech (If I'm lucky I've just found a WGP Trilogy pro for $40)

Last edited by aresfiend; 10-20-2012 at 01:28 AM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
They might be common, but that also means that parts are easy to find, knowledge is plentiful, and since you're going to be maintaining them, it'll be easier.

For example, I know I wouldn't want to maintain a Blazer just because of the sheer number of orings. The more complicated the gun gets, the more you're going to hate doing maintenance on them. This especially comes into play when you have more than 1.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
get a couple classic mags for your mechs! bullet proof, easy to maintain, and you should be able to find run of the mill classics for near $60 each on the forum here.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
They might be common, but that also means that parts are easy to find, knowledge is plentiful, and since you're going to be maintaining them, it'll be easier.

For example, I know I wouldn't want to maintain a Blazer just because of the sheer number of orings. The more complicated the gun gets, the more you're going to hate doing maintenance on them. This especially comes into play when you have more than 1.
While that may be true, I'm not getting guns just because they work, I'm getting them to get new experience with markers I've never owned. It's not like I'm a gun whore because I keep finding flaws in the markers that I have, it's because I get bored of my regular markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
get a couple classic mags for your mechs! bullet proof, easy to maintain, and you should be able to find run of the mill classics for near $60 each on the forum here.
I'll probably do that.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

If you can find them ICD cats shoot like dreams, they require almost no maintenance, usually run about $60, shoot Co2 very well, are very durable, compact, consistent, hell they are nearly the perfect mech guns. ICD stills sells full rebuild kits on it's website too. The only hick up would be finding some for sale...

Edit:
Now that I think about it they aren't STBBs either, they are inline poppets. In my experience they are easier to tech and tune then mags, and when tuned properly they are crazy quiet and efficient too. Some people have claimed as many as 100 shots @ 250 FPS per ounce on a warm day...

Last edited by Myrkul; 10-22-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
all work

Mags wouldn't be my first choice for co2, they work well with HPA though and a shoebox compressor would let you fill tanks at home.

If i I had to buy 4 markers for some backyard ball they'd all be the same and they'd all be 12g pistols.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone