mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
They did that before the Hayabusa. Look up the Japanese Automakers Gentleman's agreement. In the 90s they agreed to cap their cars at 250hp not to get into a horsepower battle like the dumb *** american automakers.
Ha! Pussies.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Ha! Pussies.
Well the thing is the mostly underrated the cars by a little bit and built them to handle alot more power on stock internals. Like the supra made 276hp in stock form but the internals of the engine could handle well over 600.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Yeah, I'd say the BPS race is over. It was a sign of the end when PSP dropped to 10 from 15, and then bumped it to 12.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
They did that before the Hayabusa. Look up the Japanese Automakers Gentleman's agreement. In the 90s they agreed to cap their cars at 250hp not to get into a horsepower battle like the dumb *** american automakers.
That's cars, not motorcycles. That agreement just meant that they did not advertise over 280ps. Big cars put out over the agreement. Not that it matters anymore, that cap is long over.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

so with bps capped at 10-13 most places, I wonder if mechs could make a comeback?

Granted you would still need some sort of bps cap inherent in the gun in order to meet rof restrictions. RTs would probably be out unless able to be restricted. Tourney governors? Or maybe just design the mechanism to only be capable of 13bps max. Don't know how that would happen, but seems possible.

If the new gog gun works well, maybe something along those lines could be refined?

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I hate to say it but Electronic guns do what they do very well. There isn't really any need for a mechanical tournament gun.

They're boring, though. Highly effective and boring.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
so with bps capped at 10-13 most places, I wonder if mechs could make a comeback?

Granted you would still need some sort of bps cap inherent in the gun in order to meet rof restrictions. RTs would probably be out unless able to be restricted. Tourney governors? Or maybe just design the mechanism to only be capable of 13bps max. Don't know how that would happen, but seems possible.

If the new gog gun works well, maybe something along those lines could be refined?
A device that mounts on the end of your barrel, counts BPS and inserts a nail into the barrel tip if the desired max is exceeded? I like the sound of it.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I'd say it was getting over around 2008. When I started playing, ROF was the biggest marketing tool there was. The Sl8r was just coming out that advertised mind blowing speeds(one of the fastest electros I can think of actually), the DM's were claiming to be faster than ever, and I remember everyone talking about how fast their new markers were. I remember that dying down very early on in my paintball career.

When you go to the field nowadays, it's more like "Bro, check out how smooth my new gun is!" or something.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
A device that mounts on the end of your barrel, counts BPS and inserts a nail into the barrel tip if the desired max is exceeded? I like the sound of it.
hahahah... that's perfect
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
We supposedly had our Hayabusa moment back in '99. I remember reading this article from back in the day. This agreement didn't long, huh?

WARPIG Article from 1999

Obligatory Smart Parts bashing - I'm sure they agreed to it at the time because the Shoebox platform was physically incapable of exceeding 11+ bps

Last edited by AGDRetro; 10-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.
AGDRetro is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone