mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   If only we could play THERE... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/218449-if-only-we-could-play-there.html)

Axel 11-12-2012 09:37 PM

If only we could play THERE...

Do you ever find yourself thinking about playing paintball in random places? At work I park up on a hill that overlooks the roof of the plant. It's about a 1 million square foot facility with your typical flat industrial roof covered in AC units and whatnot; you could run a whole scenario up there...

Have you ever found your mind wondering like that? It doesn't have to be realistic (or even safe). Then again, dreams do come true... look up the game played on Main Street USA at Disney :)

The 90s Part 13: Paintball on Main St

Keys_JR 11-12-2012 09:44 PM

Always think about how epic it would be to shut down the engineering campus at school and run a huge game there.

shredxcam 11-12-2012 10:03 PM

There's a training area for security forces I think would be sweet. It's like a mini town

wetfootwilley 11-12-2012 10:18 PM

I have told most of the guys in our outlaw group about playing on the battleship the Saguenay, the day before they sank her in lunenburg harbour. I hear a lot of, "I wish we could've played there" from them. I see a lot of industrial places and think how cool it would be to play in a "terminator" kind of factory floor.
WFW

808Jackal 11-12-2012 10:57 PM

Nakatomi Building...

The Inflicted 11-12-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axel (Post 2532240)
Then again, dreams do come true... look up the game played on Main Street USA at Disney :)

The 90s Part 13: Paintball on Main St

Awesome video! Sure wish I had been able to play that game.
Not Main Street USA, though. That's the New York Backlot area of MGM Studios.

B-17 11-13-2012 12:52 AM

I think it'd be awesome to shut down university for a week and just have a hunger games scenario.

Would be a lot of fun.

98ssuck 11-13-2012 01:29 AM

We could have bought kitsault for only 5.7m. Think of the possibilties

Melvin 11-13-2012 08:04 AM

I've only ever seen a couple buildings I think about like that. Mostly stuff like hospitals and malls. Buildings where, if enough people turned up, you could easily divide into several factions. On the other hand, I've seen ALOT of outdoor spots that inspire daydreaming. Zoos, fairgrounds, national parks...

I was lucky enough to make one happen once! Before hurricane katrina, Biloxi Mississippi had barrier islands that were formed from a previous hurricane. We grabbed some rafts and a home made pontoon death trap and loaded enough supplies to last a couple days, then paddled like fiends.

That was in...2002... and actually the ONLY game I've played between...2000 and now. It is by far the most memorable out of any game ever.

OPBN 11-13-2012 08:23 AM

There's an abandoned TB hospital in our area that people used to play at with permission back in the day. There are tons of abandoned buildings and such here in the Midwest that would be awesome. Detroit, Columbus,Cleveland and some cities in Indiana all have a fair amount of places that would make very interesting paintball venues.