mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #121 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
I guess that I am wondering why you want to limit this idea so much. You haven't given any reason as to why to not allow people to use a Cocker or Mag, beyond you just don't want to. I can see the logic of not allowing a Tippmann A5 or X7 if you are concerned that the Cyclone feed allows a more rapid firing of the marker, that other stuff can't compete with unless they have a force feed hopper of some sort. But what reasons do you have for not allowing someone to shoot a non-RTed Mag? I guess that I missed that, if you said it.
See first post in this thread for a couple of my reasons. Also see posts #8, #19, #23, #38, #42, and #57.

As for "You just done want to..."
There is a bit more to it than that, but basically you're on target. No one has ever done a blow-back only anything (other than Spyder cup). There are a lot of cool blow-backs out there. Read the entire thread again, there is logic to the selection of Blow-back mechs.

In my too-many-beers dream world, my ideal tourney is 50-ball hopper, unlimited paint, any gun you like, but all you get is a single 12gram per game (individually numbered and handed to each player as he walks onto the field). So, in effect, I have broadened my scope quite a bit.

Quote:
Also, I would think that you would want to make this pretty broad, to attract as many people as possible. I can't see a person wanting to fail with an idea like this, it is such a good idea.
Quote:
Actually, I would rather see you succeed. I would rather that this becomes a model that is followed by others and spreads. Hence, don't make so many limitations, unless there is a logical reason. Not a matter of what you like.
yeah... not gonna work. Like I said - post a threat about what you have in mind, make it happen. I promise not to troll you.

Last edited by ironnerd88; 11-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #122 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
There is a bit more to it than that, but basically you're on target. No one has ever done a blow-back only anything (other than Spyder cup). There are a lot of cool blow-backs out there. Read the entire thread again, there is logic to the selection of Blow-back mechs.

In my too-many-beers dream world, my ideal tourney is 50-ball hopper, unlimited paint, any gun you like, but all you get is a single 12gram per game (individually numbered and handed to each player as he walks onto the field). So, in effect, I have broadened my scope quite a bit.

One of our local PB shops put on a 3-man tournament at Cowtown (Phoenix) with a newer style Spyder clone from Unity. Gun was OK but the tourney was a hoot! All players used the same guns, paint & air tanks. It helped level the playing field & you played every team. Unlimited paint was supplied & gravity hoppers.

Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #123 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Dang, Dude! That does sound like it would be fun.

When I first looked at the Unity Prime, I thought it was an electro, but what I thought were eyes are dual ball detents (although it appears to be pre-drilled for eyes, and an e-grip is an available upgrade). Bonus, it looks sweet in white!

Got a name for the Store/field so I can send them an E-mail about how they set up the rules an' whatnot?

Last edited by ironnerd88; 11-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #124 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Actually, I would rather see you succeed. I would rather that this becomes a model that is followed by others and spreads. Hence, don't make so many limitations, unless there is a logical reason. Not a matter of what you like.
The logical reason goes something as follows: The primary niche this is aimed at includes new players who have purchased a blow back marker. They don't need to be standing around watching other people and wonder "whats that" and find that there shiney new toy is not the end all be all of paintball markers. The secondary niche involves people who want to play against other blowbacks using a blowback marker.

We can argue that the niche is too small but there are logical sentiments behind wanting to limit this to blow-back only.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #125 (permalink)

I would love to play this kind of turny. And I am a mag guy but would gladly set aside my favorite mag or electro or even my loved pump to pick up my old pro carbine or even pick up a cheap used Tippmann 98. I think it be alot of fun to play with the old blowbacks of yonder. It also be fun seeing the youngins getting into competitive play in a more friendly enviro. A game were 13 bps are not being sprayed across field. A game were ya can actually rent your gear and be competitive. It's a great concept Id love to play.

And I also think for us oldergents it bring us to building some fun little project guns. I could see building a nice regulated 98c with a nice barrel and some light milling. It be fun to tinker with springs and things. It's something lost in today's sport of programing your performance. It's FUN to mess with mechanics in search of a bit better efficiency constancy and style.

Last edited by TinyBear; 11-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #126 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
I could see building a nice regulated 98c with a nice barrel and some light milling.
I think I saw somewhere in this thread that no regulators would be allowed. Unregulated blowbacks only.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #127 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I think I saw somewhere in this thread that no regulators would be allowed. Unregulated blowbacks only.
That would make things messy if you allowed HPA. You can't have HPA without a regulator and If someone chooses to run an adjustable tank reg, it circumvents that rule.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #128 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Regulators would be permitted. I don't see where they would create too many issues. After all, every HPA tank has a reg built into it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #129 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
CO2 only would kill this already shaky idea, IMHO. Regs are not so expensive or ridiculous an upgrade that they would provide an undue advantage, or price players out of the league, nor would they radically affect gameplay.

Pick your goals, write the rules around them, but keep them as wide open as possible when the difference is negligible.
Feedback

RIP
heinous
2006-2014
"No, I'M sorry"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #130 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
CO2 only would kill this already shaky idea, IMHO.
I don't think that was ever even on the table. Any airsource, regs are fine, unless I'm missing something.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone