mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What was your first "high-end" gun? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/219201-what-your-first-high-end-gun.html)

Interceptor 11-21-2012 09:21 PM

What was your first "high-end" gun?

What was your first really good gun that would have been considered higher end? FOr me it was around 94 or 95, I had been using a Piranha LB and a what we called "cocker-killers", which were tricked out spyders. I found a really good deal on a standard feed automag in a General Joes add in APG, it came with a vert feed installed and a 12" Boss Progressive barrel. When it arrived I scored a 24oz CO2 tank that was rated at 3000psi and installed a used nitro duck reg on it for compressed air. I remember the first time I had it filled and the guy handed it back to me and it was hot... scared me alittle as I was used to CO2 tanks. The gun shot good but would chop if you tried to pick up the pace on the trigger. I called up AGD and ended up ordering a powerfeed body, which cured the problem. Naturally this started the arms race with my friends who ended up getting 98 cockers. After trying theirs I traded the mag for a cocker, and over the years I've bounced back and forth between cockers or mags in one form or another.

So what is your story? :old:

98ssuck 11-21-2012 09:25 PM

My first high end marker was a angel led. But I got it 10 years after it came out so it was really dated. My first modern high end gun was a geo 2

B-17 11-21-2012 09:29 PM

Angel AD2000. Last year. Awesome gun. Keeping it forever.

Stilgar 11-21-2012 09:35 PM

My first high end gun was a phantom?

Not good enough?

OK the first gun I bought Brand new was my CCM S6.

Since then I have had a DSG, Carter, a couple of S5 E cockers and my Retro 7

heinous 11-21-2012 09:36 PM

06 cyborg limited ano brand new

bigbthebenji 11-21-2012 09:40 PM

98 angel led, single trigger. First gun I ever had that could outshoot a revvy.

Falcon16 11-21-2012 09:40 PM

2K1 Apollo LCD. still in the hands of a close friend boy do I miss that gun. With that said I was young and stupid and wanted the newest fastest thing. Funny how now as I've played for a decade I find myself not wanting to play with faster guns but to slow the pace down and enjoy the game for as long as possible hence why I'm divesting of my electro and moving to pump/mech only.

Nowadays I guess my "high end" guns would be my micro phantom that's all tricked out and my AM Illusion that I've got setup for SC right now. My mag I guess I would consider mid range since it's based on a classic valve but it does have Level X but then again my GoG enmey which is an entry level gun has all of the features that high end mags did years ago at a fraction of the cost oh how times have changed.

Nighthunter 11-21-2012 10:11 PM

First highend was/is a Shocker SFT. I've fallen in love and will probably always have a Shocker of some sort around.

Lead-Foot 11-21-2012 10:21 PM

My first high end gun was a flipping nightmare. I convinced my parents to buy me a Spyder after my Talon broke. 'The Paintball Shack' as it was called in the day was out of stock on Spyders but I was so desperate and knew my convincing skills wouldn't work a second time so I bought what they had at the time - the Diablo Joker.

I bought a red one that ended up being pretty much magenta or pink. It had a verticle bolt lever that kept getting side tracked and would stick whenever it was shot. So I took it to the shop multiple times and the tech there tried smoothing out the internals where it kept sticking. The quickpull bolt in the back to remove all the internals would stick so bad I would need a hammer and screw driver to remove it. It was just a piece of garbage.

So I returned it damaged as hell, of course I didn't get all the money back, and payed the difference for the Spyder which lasted for years and years.

So I traded the Spyder for something along the way. Someone gave me a basic right feed WGP autococker and sold it, Bought an Angel LCD which had some LPR problems and sold that, borrowed my friends guns for awhile, then I was sponsored by smart parts and got a couple of Shocker SFT's which I still have 1 of and a pump gun. Needless to say I had to fix all of these guns routinely so I'm confident that I can tech just about any gun out there. I'm way too familiar with timing autocockers....

HyperU2 11-21-2012 10:27 PM

High end for the time, my PMI-2, also my first gun, after a few months of renting a PGP.