mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   How to ship to Canada without getting bent over? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/219443-how-ship-canada-without-getting-bent-over.html)

RatFink 11-24-2012 03:14 PM

How to ship to Canada without getting bent over?

I have tried a few methods and keep getting my pants pulled down one the cost of shipping. Every Canadian says don't ship UPS, so I don't. I head down to my unfriendly local USPS with some boxes. Sometimes, they tell me, after the fact, that if I could have used a flat rate box I would have saved a few bucks. no big deal, What's a few bucks anyway? today, I go with the medium flat rate box and it's friggin' $32 to ship a marker in the flat rate (that was advertised as $12 and I sent a F'ing envelope for $12 that said $5... What the hell? Of course the people there don't want to help me understand the intricacies of their methods. Just shuffle through, there is a long line after all.... How do you ship north of the border?
<<edit>> Oops, I meant to throw this up in the "Ask the experts section" sorry...

alpha Q 11-24-2012 03:15 PM

I've always just used USPS, first class mail. It's cheap and relatively quick. I've never shipped markers though, only soft goods.

Chappy 11-24-2012 03:18 PM

USPS is the best. They don't charge brokerage fees, which can equal or exceed the cost of shipping. This is why everyone says no ups.

woouulf 11-24-2012 03:32 PM

International Price Calculator

RatFink 11-24-2012 03:35 PM

Yeah, Woouulf! Thanks man.

heinous 11-24-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatFink (Post 2542933)
I have tried a few methods and keep getting my pants pulled down one the cost of shipping. Every Canadian says don't ship UPS, so I don't. I head down to my unfriendly local USPS with some boxes. Sometimes, they tell me, after the fact, that if I could have used a flat rate box I would have saved a few bucks. no big deal, What's a few bucks anyway? today, I go with the medium flat rate box and it's friggin' $32 to ship a marker in the flat rate (that was advertised as $12 and I sent a F'ing envelope for $12 that said $5... What the hell? Of course the people there don't want to help me understand the intricacies of their methods. Just shuffle through, there is a long line after all.... How do you ship north of the border?
<<edit>> Oops, I meant to throw this up in the "Ask the experts section" sorry...

i think it goes the same the other way too. had to pay handling fees with my retro 7 from canada through ups. so if you're trading i would opt for usps as well.

shredxcam 11-24-2012 04:56 PM

I've had problems with USPS to other countries. In the fine print it says can take up to 28 days

Stilgar 11-24-2012 06:15 PM

This how to ship to Canada thread is hidden in the ask the experts thread.

Wish it was more visible.

need4reebs 11-24-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar (Post 2543103)
This how to ship to Canada thread is hidden in the ask the experts thread.

Wish it was more visible.

is there any way to make this a sticky thread in the B/S/T section? :clapping:

Keys_JR 11-24-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredxcam (Post 2543038)
I've had problems with USPS to other countries. In the fine print it says can take up to 28 days

The fine print to Canada say 14 days, everywhere else it's 28. At least that's what I have seen.