mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

View Poll Results: Raincover for $85
Hell yes, I would buy one 30 30.61%
I would berak down and buy one at some point 24 24.49%
maybe 24 24.49%
no 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #111 (permalink)

You could sell it as a firearm suppressor.

Any other way? Well in some places open carry is legal but it's also a BAD IDEA anywhere-- like this.

Legal or not, I'm not taking ANY chances with even the risk of being charged with possession of an unregistered suppressor.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #112 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaL View Post
Cops don't usually hunt the guys DOWN the ladder, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurt455 View Post
I personally believe that the ATF has better things to do.
-"Eh, I probably won't get caught" is pretty weak justification when jail time, heavy fines and the confiscation of all your machines and computers is on the line.

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #113 (permalink)
Post Whore

I should be able to keep an eye on it. I just bought my son a gun for christmas, no wait, like every other gun I bought. Need to buy another one in a couple of weeks, and another in jan. So if any of them get flaged I will know they are checking up on me.

I dont have alot to loose to, be honest.
jcurt455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #114 (permalink)

Only your freedom! Man, with an attitude like that how can you expect customers to believe your take on the legal status of your product?
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #115 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not worried at all about my freedom. Don't think there's a chance I would get convicted. I was speaking of my machines.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #116 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurt455 View Post
I dont have alot to loose to, be honest.
-So, what, your wife is the primary breadwinner in the family? If you head off to jail for a couple of weeks or a couple of months, there won't be any hardship? Whatever your day job is won't have a problem with you not coming in to work for a couple months? Maybe a year? They'll let you off whenever you need it to go consult your lawyer or attend a court hearing?

You've got an extra $50,000 laying around to pay that lawyer, and another $10,000 to $20,000 on top of that to pay the fine? You don't mind them ransacking your house, hauling all your machine tools away, every computer, hard drive and cell phone in the house- none of which you will likely ever get back? Those guns you just mentioned? Confiscated as well- and it damn near takes a literal Act of Congress to get a confiscated firearm back from the ATF.

You said you have kids- they won't mind seeing mom and dad kneeling on the lawn in handcuffs while strange people go through all the drawers and closets in the house?

This isn't a simple speeding ticket. It's manufacturing and distributing Federally controlled weaponry. That's the kind of thing that gets a 3:00 am no-knock raid with a battering ram and about two dozen guys with body armor and MP-5s.

Yeah, we're low on the totem pole, and yeah, you might get away with it for a while. But all it takes is for some cop, off-duty agent or bored fed to notice one at a field, or during a traffic stop, or a see picture of one on a Facebook posting (somebody showing off their gear, somebody else snapping an action shot of that guy at the field, a team photo, who knows?) and decide to nail that guy.

He pleads innocent- says the guy he got it from "makes them all the time, nobody said it was illegal!" He gives them your name, a few quick internet searches brings up, say, this post, an investigation is opened, you're put under surveillance, an agent is assigned to email you and arrange to buy one from you, you deliver, BANG! You just committed a legally-verifiable and carefully documented Felony Manufacturing with Intent to Distribute of a Controlled Weapon.

The more you sell, the greater your chances of exactly that happening.

Have a nice day.

Doc.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #117 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #118 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
-Is it? I note that almost nobody in this thread, including the OP himself, has the courage to come right out and call it a silencer.

You'd think that if it were truly No Big Deal (tm) then Curt would have no problem simply saying "Hey guys, I'm thinking of building a run of silencers/suppressors that'll screw into Freak backs. Who wants one?"

As soon as he does, I might actually believe him when he says it's no big deal.

I'll bet he still wouldn't dare put his name or store URL on each one, though...

Doc.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #119 (permalink)
Post Whore

If I was in fact making a controlled weapon, witch I am not. Im not making anything illegal according to the and will be doing everything I can do to make sure they are not.

Laws are here to protect us too. Just because they can bust in dosnt mean its right or they will get away with it. "intent" is the big factor. If I want to make firearm suppressors I can do that legally at work.

I would be worried if I was really breaking the law but I am no more breaking the the the makers of PVC pipe, or mufflers.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #120 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Doc I have a serious question about this. What about ported barrels? OG paintball guns had no ports on their barrels and they were loud. Someone then came up with the idea of ported barrels which as a by product reduced the db level of paintball guns. Wouldn't a ported barrel be considered a silencer by the ATF? All it has to do to be considered a silencer is reduce noise level by one db.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone