mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

While I don't think I'm the one being talked about ( ) I do have a little insight to this end of it.

I'm probably one of the very few, if not the only, guys here doing airsmithing full-time. As in, this is my day job, and for that matter, I'm not married so there's no wife or kids to get in the way either.

And even I don't always have the time to get back to people on a timely basis. During a busy period, I can spend an easy two to four hours a night just handling emails- and it's worse when I have to chase down PMs from any one of a dozen different boards, as well.

For people with "real" jobs, families to deal with- especially young kids- and a big holiday coming up, you can run out of time in a hurry. And if there's nothing to report ("Sorry, it's not done yet, kid had the flu") even a "quick" email tends to get shoved onto a back burner for a while.

Personally, I keep telling people- I'll give daily updates as soon as somebody hires me a secretary. Preferably a redhead, about 100-120 pounds, likes grumpy old airsmiths...

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Personally, I keep telling people- I'll give daily updates as soon as somebody hires me a secretary. Preferably a redhead, about 100-120 pounds, likes grumpy old airsmiths...

Doc.
I guess secretary is the PC term

As to the OP. I have no idea who you are talking about. But we just went through a fairly major holiday and have more coming. My only issue is that you are using PM as the main contact. Have you tried email or a phone call?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If it was any other time of the year, I'd have to agree with you guys that its just a bit bad cs to not give a headsup to the customers. But 'tis the season, dudes. Even if he's not out of town or being a host to family for the holidays and what not, work @ day jobs tends to pick up around this time too. Airsmithing may be a business on the side for them, and sometimes you have to push it further off the table if things are getting hectic at your real job.

no one MEANS to have to their customers and friends worry or feel jaded, but sometimes it happens. Roll with the punches now unless things get really serious and you NEED to take serious action. I don't think it's gunna come to that
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

"Hobby" businesses are not run like real businesses. Its why you don't pay $50+ per man hour in labor. Expecting business like service and paying hobby like prices is going to drive you nuts.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone