mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

NightBall

Anyone played in the night before? We have a recball field we play on with no lights but snow that reflects that bright moon! Years back ive had games so late into the evening it was also dark and had a blast.

We are thinking of having a couple friends over to play in the evenings because right now its dark by 5:30 here so never time to play in evenings, but the snow reflects very well and I thought it would be a cool game play, safety is key and thinking about using glow sticks around the neck and gun to help see other players. Any input or anyone else try this?
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
every spring and summer i go to Supergame (supergame.tv)

its a huge 3 day event, and it starts off friday with a night game.

every player has to take a foot long glowsitck and fasten it to your barrel

you cant cover the stick while shooting, but you can when your moving

it works well.... but the refs wear em to, and i wish they were a more differentiable color
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

We used to play woodsball like that some of the time. It was only on clear full moon nights though and there were some lights in the flags zones being run by a generator. You really have to work to know what you are shooting at. You can see shapes and people in the open just fine, but when they are in any type of cover, it is impossible to see them
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Used to play mxs 24 hour games. Playing at night was more of a pain in the butt that it was fun.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Most fun i have ever had playing.. works well in overgrown fields.. Capture the glowstick.. you use 3 glowsticks one for each base and one for the flag. each side starts within sight of the flag glowstick. Games sometimes take upwards to two hrs.

use lantern or fire for deadzone
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Apple Sucker

a couple months ago, there was a members-only night game for pump/pistols... i can say that it was the best thing i've ever played!

the fields weren't completely illuminated, just one spot in the middle, it made a HUGE difference in pace, perception and made the games extremely tense! the most frustrating thing in all of that is that you didn't know where your balls were hitting at all, without any reference point of either seeing it fly or the hit itself... i've shot 30 times where i knew for sure there was someone, but I couldn't see where my balls were hitting, so I couldn't correct my aim...

it was a blast, but I wouldn't play it with noobs...
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'd love to play night games if it was done right. that glow stick on the barrel idea sounds AWESOME, and hopefully a good objective game type, not just eliminate the other team..

I think a bit of light would be necessary, but a lot of dark spots to take advantage of as visual cover
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

I used to work at a speedball field that was lit for playing at night. When I say lit, I mean you could see well enough not to smash your face tripping over the snake, but there were still a lot of holes in the lighting. It's disconcerting to see a rope of paint for the first five feet away from the other guys barrel, the. Have the balls get lit up again in mid-flight just as they're about to hit you or your bunker. Very fun and tense but it can be scary. Never had the opportunity to play in the dark in the woods.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
We are going to do a World Record game next August at Skyline Nation and can't wait for it! Really hoping for a clear sky and a good moon. I really want to get that paintball tracer set and try it out, would be pretty cool if it worked, and I think our team at least will be getting gen 3 night vision.

Super stoked for this!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

glow sticks on the barrel is a bad idea, it destroys your night vision every time you try to shoot. attach them to the earpieces of your mask.
I bought a batch of small clip on lights in two different colors to differentiate the teams.
we used glow paint with black light laser pointers mounted on the elbows, pointing into the breach of our pump guns.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone